- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Wild Life Invading Fukushima from Radioactive Forest
- Creating a Better Connection Between Huntington and Downtown
- Attorney General Morrisey Applauds Undoing of Stream Buffer Rule, Reviews Need For Lawsuit
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Marshall University researchers receive U.S. patent to treat one of world’s major health issues
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Board Games Featured at St. Cloud Commons in West Huntington
- Ten Cents for Fukushima Bottled Water; Get it Hot
WV Secretary Tennant Calls on CDC to Hold ‘Open and Honest Conversation with West Virginians’ about Water
“If the CDC will commit to hold an open an honest conversation with West Virginians, I will make every resource of the Secretary of State’s office available to help make it possible,” Tennant wrote in a letter to CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden today.
Tennant suggested a number of options for facilitating the dialogue, including:
· an online chat forum,
· a telephone hotline, or
· mobile office hours in each of the nine counties impacted.
Tennant also asked the CDC to identify additional parties that should participate in order to provide West Virginians with complete answers.
Tennant’s letter follows her January 17request for the CDC to make testing data and methodology publicly available online. The CDC complied with Tennant’s request that same day. But Tennant noted too many West Virginians still do not trust their water and greater explanation is needed.
Tennant shared the stories of 1,364 West Virginians who signed her recent petition calling for answers with the CDC as part of today’s request.“I ask you to read their stories and put yourself in their shoes. Understand their frustration. Ask yourself, what you would say to address their concerns if these were your own family members and neighbors,” Tennant wrote.