- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- Council OK's Four Huntington Fire Department Grant Aps
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Low Heading Into Holiday Weekend
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Brings His 2014 Murphy and Motown Christmas Tour to Huntington WV
Anonymous calls to crime tip line result in drug arrests
Based on the information collected, HPD Special Emphasis Unit detectives began surveillance of the residence and corroborated information supplied by the anonymous callers.
On Tuesday, Feb. 11, a patrol officer stopped a vehicle that frequented the address at 1110 Rear 21st St. The vehicle was reported stolen from Alabama. The driver, Gage S. Duncan, 19, of Tampa, Fla., was arrested for felony transferring and receiving stolen property. The passenger, Anthony J. Gaston, 23, of Detroit, was arrested for felony transferring and receiving stolen property, felony forgery of a public document and misdemeanor charges of possession of a controlled substance and obstructing. He is also wanted in Detroit for drug trafficking charges. Officers recovered a small amount of marijuana and heroin from the vehicle.
Information obtained from the traffic stop allowed Special Emphasis Unit detectives to obtain a search warrant for 1110 Rear 21st St.. The HPD Swat Team entered the residence and secured the apartment. Detectives recovered distribution amounts of marijuana as well as guns, scales and materials used for packaging marijuana for sale.
Arrested at the scene were Arthur Canada of Huntington with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver; Clyde F. Chafin of Huntington with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance; and Mario Hardiman of Huntington with a misdemeanor capias warrant for possession of a controlled substance.
The landlord will be mailed a nuisance letter for corrective action.