- Names Released of Five Arrested in West Huntington Drug Bust
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- USDA Announces $200 Million to Promote Innovation in SNAP Employment and Training Programs
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: The Cyclorama, Battle of Atlanta and 'Gone With the Wind'
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- OP-ED: Lawmakers and School Officials: Stay out of Our Bodily Wastes
Anonymous calls to crime tip line result in drug arrests
Based on the information collected, HPD Special Emphasis Unit detectives began surveillance of the residence and corroborated information supplied by the anonymous callers.
On Tuesday, Feb. 11, a patrol officer stopped a vehicle that frequented the address at 1110 Rear 21st St. The vehicle was reported stolen from Alabama. The driver, Gage S. Duncan, 19, of Tampa, Fla., was arrested for felony transferring and receiving stolen property. The passenger, Anthony J. Gaston, 23, of Detroit, was arrested for felony transferring and receiving stolen property, felony forgery of a public document and misdemeanor charges of possession of a controlled substance and obstructing. He is also wanted in Detroit for drug trafficking charges. Officers recovered a small amount of marijuana and heroin from the vehicle.
Information obtained from the traffic stop allowed Special Emphasis Unit detectives to obtain a search warrant for 1110 Rear 21st St.. The HPD Swat Team entered the residence and secured the apartment. Detectives recovered distribution amounts of marijuana as well as guns, scales and materials used for packaging marijuana for sale.
Arrested at the scene were Arthur Canada of Huntington with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver; Clyde F. Chafin of Huntington with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance; and Mario Hardiman of Huntington with a misdemeanor capias warrant for possession of a controlled substance.
The landlord will be mailed a nuisance letter for corrective action.