- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- ANALYSIS: Mayoral Candidate Claims Constitutional, Political Interference... or May God Strike Him with a Lightning Bolt
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Council Passes Union Extensions; Fire Departent Members Line Up in Hallway
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Student to compete on NBC’s ‘American Ninja Warrior’ tonight
- Heroin dealer residing near Marshall University pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Huntington Police Make Eight Arrests for Drug Possession
Anonymous calls to crime tip line result in drug arrests
Based on the information collected, HPD Special Emphasis Unit detectives began surveillance of the residence and corroborated information supplied by the anonymous callers.
On Tuesday, Feb. 11, a patrol officer stopped a vehicle that frequented the address at 1110 Rear 21st St. The vehicle was reported stolen from Alabama. The driver, Gage S. Duncan, 19, of Tampa, Fla., was arrested for felony transferring and receiving stolen property. The passenger, Anthony J. Gaston, 23, of Detroit, was arrested for felony transferring and receiving stolen property, felony forgery of a public document and misdemeanor charges of possession of a controlled substance and obstructing. He is also wanted in Detroit for drug trafficking charges. Officers recovered a small amount of marijuana and heroin from the vehicle.
Information obtained from the traffic stop allowed Special Emphasis Unit detectives to obtain a search warrant for 1110 Rear 21st St.. The HPD Swat Team entered the residence and secured the apartment. Detectives recovered distribution amounts of marijuana as well as guns, scales and materials used for packaging marijuana for sale.
Arrested at the scene were Arthur Canada of Huntington with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver; Clyde F. Chafin of Huntington with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance; and Mario Hardiman of Huntington with a misdemeanor capias warrant for possession of a controlled substance.
The landlord will be mailed a nuisance letter for corrective action.