- Free Classic Regatta Returns to Huntington
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Authorities Request Information on Disappearance of Ohio Woman
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- A Decade Of Dio: 1983-1993 - CD Version of Boxed Set on Sale
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Now Open at Kinetic Park
- UPDATED: Male Suspect Assaulted at WSJ; Couple Charged with Child Abuse After Feces Eating Three Year Old's Body Found in Huntington
New Jersey Report Warned of Kidney and Liver Damage from Methylcyclohexane
Both chemicals have a similar description --- a colorless oil with a faint mint-like alcohol odor versus a faint benzene odor (Methylcyclohexane). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylcyclohexane
The New Jersey 2004 data related to Methylcyclohexane. In its Q and A section , the document states:
Q: Is the risk of getting sick higher for workers than for community residents?
A: Yes. Exposures in the community, except possibly in cases of fires or spills, are usually much lower than those found in the workplace. However, people in the community may be exposed to contaminated water as well
as to chemicals in the air over long periods. This may be a problem for children or people who are already ill.
The information comes from a previously available New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services Right to Know Program. A PDF is available for download.
Long Term Effects Methylcyclohexane
Internal precautions in the event of overexposure to Methylcyclohexaneare are liver and kidney function tests, as long term exposure may effect the kidneys and liver.
Acute Health Effects Methylcyclohexane
The following acute (short-term) health effects may occur immediately or shortly after exposure to Methylcyclohexane:
* Breathing Methylcyclohexane can irritate the nose and
* Exposure to Methylcyclohexane can cause you to feel
dizzy and lightheaded. Unconsciousness and death may
occur at higher exposures
CNN Symptoms MCHM
When Eastman Chemical was identified as the manuacturer of MCHM, CNN posted the following:
People can be exposed to this chemical by:
-- Skin and/or eye contact
-- Red or irritated skin
The New Jersey document stated the following