- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Lady Who Cried Murder': Sixth Entry in Lauren Carr's Mac Faraday Mysteries Takes on Bullies, Corrupt Politicians, Reality Stars
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Video: Learn What's Coming When MU's Visual Arts Center Opens
- Legislative Funding Cut Will Lead to Closure of West Virginia Poison Center
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Council Considers Change in Parking Fee Distribution
- Moody's Raises Huntington Bond Rating
Ohio River Valley Sanitation Commission Monitoring Kanawha Spill
Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 04:34 Updated 3 weeks ago From Press Release
Fields Creek is a tributary of the Kanawha River, joining the Kanawha approximately 13 miles upstream of Charleston, WV and 71 miles away from the Ohio River. ORSANCO staff is in communication with state and federal agencies as well as downstream drinking water utilities and will coordinate sampling and monitoring efforts, as needed.