- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Walk with the Mayor Begins, Highlawn Next
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Miller Named Vice President of Bank
- Attorney General Morrisey Partners with Ben Franklin & Carver Career Centers to Battle Drug Epidemic
- Former Huntington Detective, City, Supervisors Sued for Civil Rights Violations, Sexual Abuse
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Grandparents: Is Your Home Safe for Your Grandchildren?
Water Experts Speak at Marshall Feb. 20
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 03:20 Updated 3 years ago HNN Staff
This event is to provide information about the recent water crisis, to allow citizens to ask questions of experts, and to inform citizens about actions they can take to resolve the current crisis and prevent future problems.
Sponsoring Groups: OVEC, WV Highlands Conservancy; MU Student Environmental Action Coalition; MU Students for Appalachian Socialism.
Speakers: Maya Nye, People Concerned about Chemical Safety
Nye will speak about the recommendations of the Chemical Safety Board and how adoption of these will help preserve clean tap water; she will also provide some information on how the recent water crisis affects women and children.
Evan Hansen, Downstream Strategies
Hansen will discuss the research that Downstream Strategies has done in the context of the water crisis and other threats to tap water supplies in our state.
Andrew J. Whelton, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Environmental Engineering, University of South Alabama
Whelton will report on tap water sampling he has carried out in the impacted area.
Cathy Kunkel, Energy Efficient WV
Kunkel will address the process of making complaints to the Public Service Commission regarding water quality