- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Ona Speedway Precision Pump & Valve Imagery
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
- CSB Investigation Finds No Record of Inspections on Freedom Industries Chemical Storage Tanks
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program again ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Donna Underwood creates two scholarships to honor her late husband
- FNC Index: Home Prices Pick Up Momentum
"Feel Good" Rocking Bronze Medallion Opens V-Club Concert Saturday Night
Utilizing Facebook for an initial “meet and greet,” McCoy invited Clark to “come over and jam.” They hit it off instantly, Clark said during a telephone interview Friday, Feb. 14 with HNN.
The band made its debut on an Open Mike night at the V Club, 741 Sixth Avenue, on Thanksgiving Eve then played Jan. 17 with Coyotes and Boxes and the Allure. They play Saturday, Feb. 15 at 9 p.m. opening the evening for A Story Told, Party or Die, and Here Comes Quincy.
Describing their sound as the “Beatles meet Bruce Springsteen,” their all original set opens with “Home” and closes with “Colby,” a tribute to the TV game show “Jeopardy” champion of the same name. Officially, their influences range from Talking Heads and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club to The Beach Boys, Rolling Stones, and Vampire Weekend.
The mostly “feel good” rock band Bronze Medallion has received “tremendous” response. Their next performance will be Friday, March 7 at Huntington’s Ale Club.
In addition to McCoy and Littlepage, the group includes Thomas Adkins, bass guitar, and Corey Zomes, guitar/vocals.
Cover charge for the V Club line-up is $5.