- COLUMN: Ironton Native Describes Hollywood Bubble
- Mukherjee appointed dean of Lewis College of Business
- Marshall Women’s Studies to present ‘Body Shots’ March 3
- Affrilachian Poet Crystal Good Next on City Hall Lecture Series
- Huntington's McElroy Brothers Celebrate Series Debut
- Flashback Series Continues at Marquee
- Film Submissions Open for NYC Horror Fest
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- Retiring YMCA Director Honored
- Detroit man sentenced to 10 years; Huntington drug dealer sentenced to over three years
Manchin to host town hall meeting Thursday in Huntington
“Events like this town hall give me the opportunity to provide a federal update and to stay connected with local residents and community leaders and hear their thoughts, ideas and concerns about how we can move this great state and our country forward,” Manchin said.
The senator will give a national legislative and budget update to those in attendance and take questions on various topics, including the U.S. Senate and the country’s challenges and opportunities.
Manchin will also discuss his most recent piece of legislation, the Chemical Safety and Drinking Water Protection Act of 2014, and get citizens’ thoughts about the recent chemical spill that affected nine counties and impacted water for an estimated 300,000 West Virginians. In addition, he will provide an update on his efforts with the federal and state governments to assist with the cleanup and testing.
“Sen. Manchin has always made an effort to listen to West Virginia residents and the challenges they face,” Huntington Mayor Steve Williams said. “We’re extremely excited that he’ll be stopping by City Hall next week to do that and let us know what is happening in Washington.