- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- REVIEW: "Theory" Imspires not Giving Up and Necessity of More than just You
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- Elegant Elsa Graces Wayne County Fair at Camden Park IMAGE GALLERY
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
Manchin to host town hall meeting Thursday in Huntington
“Events like this town hall give me the opportunity to provide a federal update and to stay connected with local residents and community leaders and hear their thoughts, ideas and concerns about how we can move this great state and our country forward,” Manchin said.
The senator will give a national legislative and budget update to those in attendance and take questions on various topics, including the U.S. Senate and the country’s challenges and opportunities.
Manchin will also discuss his most recent piece of legislation, the Chemical Safety and Drinking Water Protection Act of 2014, and get citizens’ thoughts about the recent chemical spill that affected nine counties and impacted water for an estimated 300,000 West Virginians. In addition, he will provide an update on his efforts with the federal and state governments to assist with the cleanup and testing.
“Sen. Manchin has always made an effort to listen to West Virginia residents and the challenges they face,” Huntington Mayor Steve Williams said. “We’re extremely excited that he’ll be stopping by City Hall next week to do that and let us know what is happening in Washington.