- Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- Council Affirms Resolution Authorizing Water Quality Board to Enter Nearly $900,000 Dollar Street Cleaning Contract with Columbus Firm
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
- Artists Series includes 'Breakfast Club' star Molly Ringwald
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
- UPDATED: "Violent" Man who Escaped from Sixth Avenue Group Home Found at Ritter Park
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- CFPB Sues Texas Company for Sham Credit Card; Union Workers Credit Services Also Duped Consumers Into Thinking the Company Was Affiliated With Unions
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.