- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- Huntington Man Arrested for Crack Cocaine Delivery
- 2012 Honeywell Accident Sent Radiation to WV
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Glimpses of a Global Life': Longest Serving Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Survived a Helicopter Trip with Idi Amin as Pilot
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Customers in Barboursville – Advisory Revised to Include New Areas
FNC Index: Home Prices of Normal Sales Up 0.3% in December, Outperforming Overall Market
The index, constructed to gauge price movement among normal home sales exclusive of distressed properties, was up 0.3% in December—outperforming the overall price movement in the single-family housing market. Unlike overall price measures that include distressed sales (which recently have shown signs of weakening), home prices of normal sales have been rising at steady and sustainable levels—about 0.3-0.5% per month.
Based on recorded sales of normal, non-distressed properties (existing and new homes) in the 100 largest metropolitan areas, the FNC national composite index shows that, in December, home prices rose at a seasonally unadjusted rate of 0.3% .
On a quarterly basis, home prices were up 1.3% in the fourth quarter.