- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Huntington's Ultra Tight Fiscal Picture Slowly Leaks Outward
- Mountain State Supply Erupts in an Inferno
- Marshall to be home of Ellis Marsalis International Jazz Piano Competition, Festival
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
Morrisey: House Bill 4490 creates a “constitutional crisis and puts at risk the core functions of the Attorney General’s Office.”
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 06:00 Updated 2 years ago From a News Release by WV Attorney General Patrick Morrisey
“This legislation creates a constitutional crisis and puts at risk the core functions of the Attorney General’s Office by changing the legal standards under which we can pursue claims and represent the state.
“Specifically, I have at least four concerns about the House Bill 4490:
- It establishes new legal standards for one office, but does not require legislators, the Governor, Supreme Court of Appeals justices or other members of the Board of Public Works to adhere to the same rules.
- The bill puts at risk ongoing investigations by our Office that target corruption and violations of our state’s consumer protection laws.
- The legislation also would gut the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division because funding would be dramatically reduced under HB 4490.
- House Bill 4490 unconstitutionally seeks to grind to a halt the Office’s efforts to protect the Second Amendment, fight for coal jobs and take on President Obama’s overreach by limiting the Office’s ability to independently decide whether to file amicus briefs.
### A copy of the letter may be found at http://bit.ly/1e4ZrZk