- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Brings His 2014 Murphy and Motown Christmas Tour to Huntington WV
- Thanksgiving Weekend Live Theatre Offerings
- REALTORS: Pending Home Sales Slow in October but Remain Higher Than a Year Ago
FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Tick Up
"Mortgage rates crept up further following the uptick in the 10-year Treasury yield as minutes of the Federal Reserve's last meeting indicated little possibility of a pause in the central bank's reduction of bond purchases," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie's vice president and chief economist. "Housing starts in January fell 16 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 888,000 units, below consensus forecast. Permits [PDF] were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 937,000 in January, also below consensus."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.33 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending February 20, 2014, up from last week when it averaged 4.28 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.56 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.35 percent with an average 0.7 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.33 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.77 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.08 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.05 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.64 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.57 percent this week with an average 0.3 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.55 percent. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.65 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.