- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Risk Advantage': Sports and Auto Racing Examples Can Help Entrepreneurs Succeed
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: The US: Caribbean’s Friend or Unintentional Foe?
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.