- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- Florida Residents Visit Monster Chair
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- BB&T continues support for capitalism center at Marshall with another gift of $100,000
- Johnson, Hammers Recognized at White House for Combatting Drugs
- Fourth of July Celebration at Camden Park
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Blocks of Adams Avenue, 16th Street, 17th Street and 18th Street West in Huntington
- Skynyrd's One More for the Music Fans Due July 24
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.