- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Fre Destroys Business, Apartment Building on 8th Street
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Kentucky man indicted for defrauding U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.