- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Outgoing Councilman Tells People Stop Asking if You Can't Pay; Thacker: "Residents Don't Want to Leave City Due to Fees Either..."
- Sanitary Board Forwards 57% Operational, Maintenance Increase to Council; New Council will Decide on Increases for $75 Million Infrastructure
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Task ForceSiezes Heroin, Crack, Cocaine from Hotel near Huntington
- BREAKING.... Eastham Put on Leave; First Female Fire Chief Sworn In
- DEVELOPING... Council to hear Sanitary, Cable Proposals; Raise Issue Statutatory, not a Request by Mayor
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.