- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Special Council Meeting Tuesday on Public Nuisance
- When Operating Huntington Reduction Pilot Plant Known as Contaminated
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Where Were You in '62 Icon Returns to Screen
- Three more defendants plead guilty for roles in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- Tsubasacon Welcomes Steve Blum!
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.