- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Nelsonville Music Festival is This Weekend, June 2-5 with 73 acts
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Huntington Police Report May 29, 2016
- Coffee with a Cop June 1 in Downtown Huntington
- IMAGES from Ironton's 2016 Memorial Day Parade
- Valid Ohio Concealed Handgun License Holders No Longer Required to Submit to Additional Background Checks for Gun Purchases
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.