- UPDATED: Retired Firefighter Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Public memorial service arrangements for Kopp announced
- Toy Train Party to Raise Money for Needy Children
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 5, 2014
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in November as Inventory Slightly Tightens
- Complaint alleges Stockert-Sizemore Funeral Home violated the West Virginia Preneed Act and state Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Drops One Point in December
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.