- IMAGES: Major March Snowfall, Power Outages Lead to State of Huntington Emergency
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- DEVELOPING... Garbage Pickup in Progress; Pump Stations Operating, Warming Stations Open, Downed Trees Block Roads
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 4, 2015
- UPDATED: 17% still without Power in Cabell, WV
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Ohio River Flood Warning Updated
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.