- Huntington Police, Fire Pension Funds Lose Investment Potential when Paid in an Untimely Manner
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Washington Trooper Surprised by Passenger Wearing Seat Belt; Driver Speeding
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- DEVELOPING... Sewer Increase Blamed for Special Metals Layoffs
- School of Pharmacy students plan community outreach in Cabell County schools
- Minor Injury After Bus Accident
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Eighth Annual Festival of New Music brings new works, guest performers
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.