- Council Moves Gun Range to Second Reading
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- UPDATED MILD SPOILER ALERT: Having an Awesome Time Watching "Force Awakens" at Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
- First Alert donates 175 smoke, carbon monoxide alarms to Fire Department
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology rated in nation’s top 50
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Life of Carter Woodson Topic for Huntington Lecture Series IMAGES
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.