- Mermaid visits Huntington
- 432 People Surrender During Four-Day Ohio Fugitive Safe Surrender Event, Clearing 369 Warrants
- St. Joe Ties Scott in Soccer
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- What's Next for the RKO Flushing Keith? Is the Place Toast?
- OP ED OPINION: A (Not So Hidden) Assumption, Challenging How We Look at Violence
- OP ED OPINION: The Moral Rabbit Hole
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Tips for T-Mobile Consumers Affected by Experian Breach
- Police Search for Speedway Robbery Suspect
- Facebook users help WV Natural Resources Police solve albino deer killing case in Boone County
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.