- Huntington Police Seach for Armed Robber; Another Reported on Washington Avenue
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- W.Va. AG Warns Consumers of DMV Impostor Scam
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Attorney General Morrisey Fights To Protect Coal Jobs At Crucial Moment
- In Wells Fargo Case, News Really Did Happen To An Editor
- Man Arrested in West End of Huntingtotn for Possession
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- DEVELOPING ... FIRST LOOK: "Deepwater Horizon" Frantic Destruction Overlooking Environmental Consequences
- Marshall University’s Department of Communication Disorders to honor former faculty member for $100K contribution
Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series to discuss how to design buildings to stand the test of time and the elements
The event is free and open to Tri-state businesses and organizations as well as students. Pre-registration is required at http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099 by Saturday, Feb. 22.
The keynote speaker will be Jill M. Watkins of Watkins Design Works, a Charleston, W. Va.-based commercial interior design and green building consulting firm. Her firm focuses on the triple bottom line of sustainability: environment-equity-economy. She is an NCIDQ-certified interior designer with more than 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and more than 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
The Lunch and Learn Sustainability Lecture Series offers periodic lectures on a variety of sustainability topics and are presented throughout the year. All lecture luncheons are free and open to tri-state businesses and organizations. Typically, more than 40 area businesses and organizations are represented at the luncheons.