- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- Honeywell, NRC Dispute Report of College Students Operating Nuclear Plant; HNN Sources Allege Book Trained Replacement Workers Operated Plant
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- City Hall Trick or Treat
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Not only cricket but West Indian self-worth at stake
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- BOOK NOTES: 'The 52 New Foods Challenge': Make Healthy Eating into a Family Game
- Huntington Judge Added to Dancing with Pros
Scenes from Sen. Joe Manchin Forum at Huntington City Hall
The format allowed questions from the audience which ranged from the Charleston chemical spill (Manchin supports a study on the victims of the contaminated water and said he would not drink the water pointing to his bottled one. He stands with the minority who do not consider the water "safe" to drink or bathe in after the spill. Manchin is asking for federal aide to begin the medical study on those who qualify from the 300,000 in nine counties whose water was contaminated.
The Huntington disability social security allegations were discussed too. Other topics included retirement, energy, and medical care.