- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- IMAGES: CCCSO Ritter Park Picnic
- IMAGES: Thundering Herd Rolls to 3-0
- Will "Guardians" Continue at the top of Boxoffice? "Dolphin" sequel likely Winner
- Person Shot at Third Avenue Bar Expected to be OK
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- Paige Madden Named Miss WV
- Career Expo for first Physical Therapy graduating class is Tuesday, Aug. 26
Scenes from Sen. Joe Manchin Forum at Huntington City Hall
The format allowed questions from the audience which ranged from the Charleston chemical spill (Manchin supports a study on the victims of the contaminated water and said he would not drink the water pointing to his bottled one. He stands with the minority who do not consider the water "safe" to drink or bathe in after the spill. Manchin is asking for federal aide to begin the medical study on those who qualify from the 300,000 in nine counties whose water was contaminated.
The Huntington disability social security allegations were discussed too. Other topics included retirement, energy, and medical care.