- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- Former Bank Vice President Made More than $1.4 Million in Bad Loans
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- Potential Upscale Hotel Approved for Kinetic Park
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
Development of transgendered rights subject of lecture at Marshall
Taylor will explore the development of transgender rights as a concern in governance. She also will explore the policy and political environment for trans identities in the United States, as well as the historic tensions within the gay rights advocacy movement over transgender inclusion and more recent concerns within the LGBT movement over policy priorities. Opportunities and challenges facing the LGBT movement will be addressed in Taylor's lecture.
Taylor conducts research related to LGBT rights and on public service motivation. Additionally, she and Donald Haider-Markel (University of Kansas) edited the forthcoming volume, Transgender Rights and Politics: Groups, Issue Framing, and Policy Adoption. This book, which focuses on the empirical study of transgender rights, politics and policy, will be published by the University of Michigan Press this summer.
Her visit to Marshall is sponsored by the Department of Political Science.