- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- Manchin Statement on President's Immigration Executive Actions
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- Jewel City JAMboree to feature national and local musicians
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
Development of transgendered rights subject of lecture at Marshall
Taylor will explore the development of transgender rights as a concern in governance. She also will explore the policy and political environment for trans identities in the United States, as well as the historic tensions within the gay rights advocacy movement over transgender inclusion and more recent concerns within the LGBT movement over policy priorities. Opportunities and challenges facing the LGBT movement will be addressed in Taylor's lecture.
Taylor conducts research related to LGBT rights and on public service motivation. Additionally, she and Donald Haider-Markel (University of Kansas) edited the forthcoming volume, Transgender Rights and Politics: Groups, Issue Framing, and Policy Adoption. This book, which focuses on the empirical study of transgender rights, politics and policy, will be published by the University of Michigan Press this summer.
Her visit to Marshall is sponsored by the Department of Political Science.