- Fire Prevention Parade IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- Huntington Council Considers New Fire Equipment
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- OP ED: Time to Start Campaign to Build Sound Boys and Men
- Yoga Class Saturday Morning
- Huntington City Council Agenda Tuesday October 13
Huntington Council Budget Hearing Dates Announed
Bates announced that the meeting will not be as “streamlined” as in 2013. Since the budget remains tight, he stressed that council members “need to know the unbudgeted needs of each department.”
After the first three meetings, council will take a break to allow possible adjustments and proposals by the administration. The hearings resume Thursday, March 20 after the work session and Saturday, March 22 at 9 a.m.
The agenda for each session has been determined.
Saturday, March 1, 9 a.m.: Revenue, Insurance, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Municipal Court, City Clerk/Council, Legal, Mayor;
Thursday, March 6, 15 minutes after the work session: Purchasing, Police and Fire;
Saturday, March 8, 9 a.m., Public Works including Sanitation & Trash Fund
Thursday, March 20, 15 minutes after the work session, HMPB, Civic Arena, Coal Severance, Transfers and Contributions;
Saturday, March 22, 9 a.m. , Open if necessary.
A vote will be planned for Monday, March 24.