- Second What's Next Huntington Draws Crowd to HHS
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
Huntington Council Budget Hearing Dates Announed
Bates announced that the meeting will not be as “streamlined” as in 2013. Since the budget remains tight, he stressed that council members “need to know the unbudgeted needs of each department.”
After the first three meetings, council will take a break to allow possible adjustments and proposals by the administration. The hearings resume Thursday, March 20 after the work session and Saturday, March 22 at 9 a.m.
The agenda for each session has been determined.
Saturday, March 1, 9 a.m.: Revenue, Insurance, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Municipal Court, City Clerk/Council, Legal, Mayor;
Thursday, March 6, 15 minutes after the work session: Purchasing, Police and Fire;
Saturday, March 8, 9 a.m., Public Works including Sanitation & Trash Fund
Thursday, March 20, 15 minutes after the work session, HMPB, Civic Arena, Coal Severance, Transfers and Contributions;
Saturday, March 22, 9 a.m. , Open if necessary.
A vote will be planned for Monday, March 24.