- MU Plays Northern Illinois in Boca Raton Bowl
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- OP-ED: Silver Linings in Rolling Stone Rape Fiasco
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- Marshall's Cato Named Manning Award Finalist
- "Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies" will Stay on Top as "Unbroken," "Into the Woods," & "Gambler" open
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- Political Satire: Portsmouth Considering Marting Building for City Offices ... Again
Huntington Council Budget Hearing Dates Announed
Bates announced that the meeting will not be as “streamlined” as in 2013. Since the budget remains tight, he stressed that council members “need to know the unbudgeted needs of each department.”
After the first three meetings, council will take a break to allow possible adjustments and proposals by the administration. The hearings resume Thursday, March 20 after the work session and Saturday, March 22 at 9 a.m.
The agenda for each session has been determined.
Saturday, March 1, 9 a.m.: Revenue, Insurance, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Municipal Court, City Clerk/Council, Legal, Mayor;
Thursday, March 6, 15 minutes after the work session: Purchasing, Police and Fire;
Saturday, March 8, 9 a.m., Public Works including Sanitation & Trash Fund
Thursday, March 20, 15 minutes after the work session, HMPB, Civic Arena, Coal Severance, Transfers and Contributions;
Saturday, March 22, 9 a.m. , Open if necessary.
A vote will be planned for Monday, March 24.