- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Record Numbers of Female Vets Strain System
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Plan to Reduce Opioid Painkiller Use Gains National & State Support
- COLUMN: Hobet Project Holds Vast Promise for West Virginians
- Cabell County man sentenced to over four years in federal prison for possessing child pornography
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Charleston man sentenced to federal prison for heroin crime
Huntington Council Budget Hearing Dates Announed
Bates announced that the meeting will not be as “streamlined” as in 2013. Since the budget remains tight, he stressed that council members “need to know the unbudgeted needs of each department.”
After the first three meetings, council will take a break to allow possible adjustments and proposals by the administration. The hearings resume Thursday, March 20 after the work session and Saturday, March 22 at 9 a.m.
The agenda for each session has been determined.
Saturday, March 1, 9 a.m.: Revenue, Insurance, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Municipal Court, City Clerk/Council, Legal, Mayor;
Thursday, March 6, 15 minutes after the work session: Purchasing, Police and Fire;
Saturday, March 8, 9 a.m., Public Works including Sanitation & Trash Fund
Thursday, March 20, 15 minutes after the work session, HMPB, Civic Arena, Coal Severance, Transfers and Contributions;
Saturday, March 22, 9 a.m. , Open if necessary.
A vote will be planned for Monday, March 24.