- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- Fiberglass Bison Unveiled at Pullman Square
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
Huntington Council Budget Hearing Dates Announed
Bates announced that the meeting will not be as “streamlined” as in 2013. Since the budget remains tight, he stressed that council members “need to know the unbudgeted needs of each department.”
After the first three meetings, council will take a break to allow possible adjustments and proposals by the administration. The hearings resume Thursday, March 20 after the work session and Saturday, March 22 at 9 a.m.
The agenda for each session has been determined.
Saturday, March 1, 9 a.m.: Revenue, Insurance, Finance, IT, Human Resources, Municipal Court, City Clerk/Council, Legal, Mayor;
Thursday, March 6, 15 minutes after the work session: Purchasing, Police and Fire;
Saturday, March 8, 9 a.m., Public Works including Sanitation & Trash Fund
Thursday, March 20, 15 minutes after the work session, HMPB, Civic Arena, Coal Severance, Transfers and Contributions;
Saturday, March 22, 9 a.m. , Open if necessary.
A vote will be planned for Monday, March 24.