- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
Process Underway to Transfer 19 Acres to HMDA
Monday, February 24, 2014 - 03:50 Updated 34 weeks ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
Located in the West End and zoned industrial, buzz has ran high that eventually a barge facility will be allowed there.
Councilman Pete Gillespie, who represents District 2, expressed objections to the prospective barge facility at an earlier council meeting, stating that West End residents voice similar objections to those in Westmoreland. However, he voted in favor of settling the lawsuit with Huntington Marine. The terms remain confidential.
The HMDA transfer does not authorize a specific development on the 19 acres, only that the Authority will seek a developer.
Council will vote on the matter at the 7:30 p.m. meeting, which will allow public comment from those favoring or opposing the decision.