- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Thanksgiving Weekend Live Theatre Offerings
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Brings His 2014 Murphy and Motown Christmas Tour to Huntington WV
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Low Heading Into Holiday Weekend
Process Underway to Transfer 19 Acres to HMDA
Monday, February 24, 2014 - 03:50 Updated 39 weeks ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
Located in the West End and zoned industrial, buzz has ran high that eventually a barge facility will be allowed there.
Councilman Pete Gillespie, who represents District 2, expressed objections to the prospective barge facility at an earlier council meeting, stating that West End residents voice similar objections to those in Westmoreland. However, he voted in favor of settling the lawsuit with Huntington Marine. The terms remain confidential.
The HMDA transfer does not authorize a specific development on the 19 acres, only that the Authority will seek a developer.
Council will vote on the matter at the 7:30 p.m. meeting, which will allow public comment from those favoring or opposing the decision.