- Fire Prevention Parade IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- Huntington City Council Agenda Tuesday October 13
- Huntington Council Considers New Fire Equipment
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- Yoga Class Saturday Morning
- Severance tax collections continue to decline
- OP ED: Time to Start Campaign to Build Sound Boys and Men
Process Underway to Transfer 19 Acres to HMDA
Monday, February 24, 2014 - 03:50 Updated 1 year ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
Located in the West End and zoned industrial, buzz has ran high that eventually a barge facility will be allowed there.
Councilman Pete Gillespie, who represents District 2, expressed objections to the prospective barge facility at an earlier council meeting, stating that West End residents voice similar objections to those in Westmoreland. However, he voted in favor of settling the lawsuit with Huntington Marine. The terms remain confidential.
The HMDA transfer does not authorize a specific development on the 19 acres, only that the Authority will seek a developer.
Council will vote on the matter at the 7:30 p.m. meeting, which will allow public comment from those favoring or opposing the decision.