- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- FLASHBACK: The Three Mile Island Accident, Yes, People Suffered
- Huntington man pleads guilty to federal oxycodone charge
- Keep Your Promises and EWG Meet with EPA on C-8 in drinking water
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Public Works Department establishing job applicant pool
- Two men plead guilty in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- Elegant Elsa Graces Wayne County Fair at Camden Park IMAGE GALLERY
- Music professors to perform on historical instruments during free performance
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 22, 2014
Process Underway to Transfer 19 Acres to HMDA
Monday, February 24, 2014 - 03:50 Updated 1 year ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
Located in the West End and zoned industrial, buzz has ran high that eventually a barge facility will be allowed there.
Councilman Pete Gillespie, who represents District 2, expressed objections to the prospective barge facility at an earlier council meeting, stating that West End residents voice similar objections to those in Westmoreland. However, he voted in favor of settling the lawsuit with Huntington Marine. The terms remain confidential.
The HMDA transfer does not authorize a specific development on the 19 acres, only that the Authority will seek a developer.
Council will vote on the matter at the 7:30 p.m. meeting, which will allow public comment from those favoring or opposing the decision.