- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Police Arrest Man in West Huntington for Burglary
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- St. Joseph Invitational Basketball Tournament
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- What a Coincidence --- Bar that Didn't Close Had Shooting Early Friday; Now Shut
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
Process Underway to Transfer 19 Acres to HMDA
Monday, February 24, 2014 - 03:50 Updated 2 years ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
Located in the West End and zoned industrial, buzz has ran high that eventually a barge facility will be allowed there.
Councilman Pete Gillespie, who represents District 2, expressed objections to the prospective barge facility at an earlier council meeting, stating that West End residents voice similar objections to those in Westmoreland. However, he voted in favor of settling the lawsuit with Huntington Marine. The terms remain confidential.
The HMDA transfer does not authorize a specific development on the 19 acres, only that the Authority will seek a developer.
Council will vote on the matter at the 7:30 p.m. meeting, which will allow public comment from those favoring or opposing the decision.