- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- U.S. Rep. Nick Rahall honors Ken Hechler in Congressional Record
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
March 6 public reading to feature writers Ian Stansel, Afaa Michael Weaver
Weaver is the author of 12 collections of poetry and the recipient of two Pushcart Prizes, as well as fellowships from the NEA and the Pew Foundation. He received a Fulbright scholarship that won him a teaching appointment at National Taiwan University in 2002. A native of Baltimore and a graduate of Brown University, Weaver also is an award-winning playwright, a translator of contemporary Chinese poetry and the creator of the "Bop," an American poetic form. He teaches at Simmons College and in Drew University's low-residency program for the M.F.A. in poetry and poetry in translation. Profiles of his life and work are maintained by the Poetry Foundation and the Academy of American Poets.
The event is sponsored in part by Marshall University's College of Liberal Arts and Honors College, and A.E. Stringer.