- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- Huntington Area Responders Work Together to Contain Blaze in City Landmark
- NASCAR: Jeff Gordon wins record fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indy
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- DEVELOPING: Morris Building Fire Caused Elevator Shaft Collapse
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Lucky Us': Amy Bloom Hits a Home Run with a Funny Novel of Life in 1940's America -- With a Peek at Post-War Britain
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
- OP-ED: Some Thoughts on Provocation
Sanitary Board Working on Clogged Storm Drains
Williams said that six basins were cleared last week.
Residents with clogged basins are requested to contact their council member, who have been asked to develop a priority list for cleaning.
The Mayor announced that code enforcement issued 1,726 citations from July 1 to Dec. 31, 2013. Previously only 100 had been issued, Williams said.
During January 2014, 183 citations were issued. Of those104 were junk/rubbish related.
"Except the pace of issuance to pick up as Spring (arrives)," he said.
The 2014 Huntington in Bloom campaign is already in the planning stage.