- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- Jewel City JAMboree to feature national and local musicians
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
Sanitary Board Working on Clogged Storm Drains
Williams said that six basins were cleared last week.
Residents with clogged basins are requested to contact their council member, who have been asked to develop a priority list for cleaning.
The Mayor announced that code enforcement issued 1,726 citations from July 1 to Dec. 31, 2013. Previously only 100 had been issued, Williams said.
During January 2014, 183 citations were issued. Of those104 were junk/rubbish related.
"Except the pace of issuance to pick up as Spring (arrives)," he said.
The 2014 Huntington in Bloom campaign is already in the planning stage.