- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Mountwest’s Inland Waterways Academy changes name, not mission
- NASCAR: Denny Hamlin holds off Brad Keselowski for Martinsville Sprint Cup win
Sanitary Board Working on Clogged Storm Drains
Williams said that six basins were cleared last week.
Residents with clogged basins are requested to contact their council member, who have been asked to develop a priority list for cleaning.
The Mayor announced that code enforcement issued 1,726 citations from July 1 to Dec. 31, 2013. Previously only 100 had been issued, Williams said.
During January 2014, 183 citations were issued. Of those104 were junk/rubbish related.
"Except the pace of issuance to pick up as Spring (arrives)," he said.
The 2014 Huntington in Bloom campaign is already in the planning stage.