- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- DEVELOPING... Snowfall Continues, Road Closings Reported
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
- DEVELOPING: Thousands without Power in Cabell, including part of Marshall
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
Honoring the Waters Events Feb. 25
Patricia K. Tull is Professor Emerita of Old Testament at Louisville Presbyterian Seminary. She is the author of several books, including Esther and Ruth in the Interpretation Bible Studies series; Isaiah 1-39 in the Smyth and Helwys Bible Commentary series; and the 2001-02 Horizons Bible Study, Esther’s Feast: A Study of the Book of Esther. An ordained minister in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), she also writes a monthly column on ecological dimensions of upcoming lectionary passages at WorkingPreacher.org. http://inhabitingeden.org
February 25: 11:30 am – 1:30 p.m. Sustainability Lunch & Learn at Marshall University, BE5 Memorial Student Center, Guest Speaker: Jill Watkins. Topic: Resilient Building Design
According to the Resilient Design Institute, resilient design is defined as "the intentional design of buildings, landscapes, communities, and regions in response to vulnerabilities to disaster and disruption of normal life."
So, how do we design buildings so they survive severe weather and natural disasters? How can we ensure that they remain durable over time? We'll answer these questions and more in this big picture view of sustainable design.
Jill Watkins, Principal with Watkins Design Works, is an NCIDQ-Certified interior designer with over 20 years of experience in commercial interior design, and over 16 years devoted to sustainable design.
Lunch is provided. RSVP here.http://www.marshall.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=71099
February 25- 26. WVU law school to explore the legal and environmental legacy of the Buffalo Creek disaster. Feb. 26 marks the 42nd anniversary of the collapse of an earthen dam along Buffalo Creek after heavy rain. It unleashed a flood that killed 125 people, injured 1,100 and left about 4,000 homeless. More in the Gazette.
Additional info here. http://www.ohvec.org/events_calendar/feb-25-26.php