- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- Fiberglass Bison Unveiled at Pullman Square
- U.S. Rep. Nick Rahall honors Ken Hechler in Congressional Record
2014 Birke Fine Arts Festival closes with artist talk March 6
The lecture marks the end of a month-long symposium, Trending Now: Artists and Audiences in the Information Age, which featured internationally renowned guest artists, public performances, lectures and exhibitions for the university and the community.
German is a self-taught, multidisciplinary art maker. She was born in Milwaukee and raised in Los Angeles. She is presently based in Pittsburgh's historic Homewood neighborhood.
German's sculptural and performance works blur the lines between public art, performance art, activism and citizenship. Her most recent body of work opened in October 2013 at the Pavel Zoubok Gallery in New York City. Her work has been shown at the Andy Warhol Museum, the Carnegie Museum and Art Basel in Miami Beach. It also appeared in "African American Art 1950- Present" with the David C. Driskell Center in 2012 and toured the nation with the International Collage Center in 2011.
She has performed at POPTech, TEDx Harvard and TEDx MIT, and has been a featured speaker and performer at colleges and universities nationwide. She is the creator/performer of four evening-length performance works. These "spoken-word operas" have been featured in theaters from Martha's Vineyard to Cape Town, South Africa.The lecture is sponsored by the Marshall College of Arts and Media