- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Lady Who Cried Murder': Sixth Entry in Lauren Carr's Mac Faraday Mysteries Takes on Bullies, Corrupt Politicians, Reality Stars
- Video: Learn What's Coming When MU's Visual Arts Center Opens
- Council Considers Change in Parking Fee Distribution
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Legislative Funding Cut Will Lead to Closure of West Virginia Poison Center
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 7, 2014
- Pain Free 20 Week Abortion Bill Goes to Governor
- Scenes from Marquee Mr. Peabody Party
- UPDATED: "Let it Go" Best Song; “Frozen” Wins Best Animated Film, Reaches $1 Billion Boxoffice Mountain
Women of Color program features award-winning actress
The celebration, which has a theme of "Our Community in the Americas," begins at noon in the Don Morris Room of the Memorial Student Center on the Huntington campus. Women of Color awards will be presented and a luncheon buffet will follow.
The Women of Color program activities are coordinated by Fran L. Jackson, program assistant II, Center for African American Students; Leah Tolliver, director of the MU Women's Center; Lisa Allen, administrative assistant, Intercultural Affairs, and Kesha Glover, assistant director of Housing and Residence Life.
The program is free to the public. Vendors and displays will be set up in the lobby of the Memorial Student Center throughout the day.For more information, please contact Fran L. Jackson at 304-696-6705.