- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Four Sentenced on Heroin Charges in Beckley
Maher to chair statewide technology-based economic development coalition
Anne Barth, TechConnect executive director, said, "A longtime member of our board, Dr. Maher brings significant value to the position of chairman. His background in research and new business development in the private sector, as well as his current role leading the research enterprise at Marshall University, give him insight that benefits our organization greatly. We are pleased to have him engaged in this leadership position."
Maher joined Marshall in 2007. In addition to his vice president role, he also serves as executive director of the Marshall University Research Corporation. From 2003 to 2007, he was the executive director of the Chemical Alliance Zone, a collaborative devoted to economic development in the chemical and allied sectors. Before that, he worked for 21 years at the Union Carbide Corporation, serving in a broad range of technical and managerial assignments in areas as diverse as catalysis research, plant technology support, intellectual property management, capital project execution and new business development.
For more information about TechConnect West Virginia, visit www.techconnectwv.org.