- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
Maher to chair statewide technology-based economic development coalition
Anne Barth, TechConnect executive director, said, "A longtime member of our board, Dr. Maher brings significant value to the position of chairman. His background in research and new business development in the private sector, as well as his current role leading the research enterprise at Marshall University, give him insight that benefits our organization greatly. We are pleased to have him engaged in this leadership position."
Maher joined Marshall in 2007. In addition to his vice president role, he also serves as executive director of the Marshall University Research Corporation. From 2003 to 2007, he was the executive director of the Chemical Alliance Zone, a collaborative devoted to economic development in the chemical and allied sectors. Before that, he worked for 21 years at the Union Carbide Corporation, serving in a broad range of technical and managerial assignments in areas as diverse as catalysis research, plant technology support, intellectual property management, capital project execution and new business development.
For more information about TechConnect West Virginia, visit www.techconnectwv.org.