- IMAGES: MU's Pullman Rally Flooded Out
- Carpenter Ants Performed at Pullman while Elsa Signed Prints at Empire
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- “Operation: River to Jail” continues with second warrant sweep
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 15, 2014
- Mayor Steve's Prayer Request
- Softball Freshman D’Orazio Playing at World Championships
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Edge Lower
Maher to chair statewide technology-based economic development coalition
Anne Barth, TechConnect executive director, said, "A longtime member of our board, Dr. Maher brings significant value to the position of chairman. His background in research and new business development in the private sector, as well as his current role leading the research enterprise at Marshall University, give him insight that benefits our organization greatly. We are pleased to have him engaged in this leadership position."
Maher joined Marshall in 2007. In addition to his vice president role, he also serves as executive director of the Marshall University Research Corporation. From 2003 to 2007, he was the executive director of the Chemical Alliance Zone, a collaborative devoted to economic development in the chemical and allied sectors. Before that, he worked for 21 years at the Union Carbide Corporation, serving in a broad range of technical and managerial assignments in areas as diverse as catalysis research, plant technology support, intellectual property management, capital project execution and new business development.
For more information about TechConnect West Virginia, visit www.techconnectwv.org.