- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 24, 2014
- Huntington Police Make Drug Arrests
- Former Booster Club Treasurer Indicted for Theft
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- Ohio Man Arrested in Connection with 1995 Murders of Wife, Daughter
- FORMER WEST VIRGINIA DHHR EMPLOYEE PLEADS GUILTY TO FRAUD
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Ready to Regatta
Arcadia Publishing to Release Next in its Local History Series Images of America – Guyandotte
The historic Huntington neighborhood was settled at the turn of the 19th century and founded as a town before joining the city at the turn of the 20th century.
The books many images are divided into nine chapters ranging from families, homes, and businesses, to schools, the floods of 1907, 1913, and 1937 and historic transportation.
Guyandotte, $21.99, Arcadia Publishing. Available at local retailers, online bookstores, or through Arcadia Publishing at www.arcadiapublishing.com or (888) 313-2665.
About the Author: Bob Withers is a retired reporter and copy editor for the Herald-Dispatch in Huntington, West Virginia, and a Baptist pastor. He has authored or coauthored 15 books and numerous articles in internationally circulated magazines.