- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- IMAGES: Marshall Arts Center Dedication
- Cpl. Goheen Retires from Huntington Police Department
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- UPDATED: Dueling Drug Gangsters Hack Their Fates Through Thrilling "Tombstone"
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- Unitarian Fellowship of Huntington to Hold Their 1st Annual Community Days!
- United Way Fall Campaign to kick off Sept. 22 on Marshall University’s Huntington campus
- Reporter Threatened with Arrest for Obstruction for Attempting to Intervene in Teen's NRA T-Shirt Case
Arcadia Publishing to Release Next in its Local History Series Images of America – Guyandotte
The historic Huntington neighborhood was settled at the turn of the 19th century and founded as a town before joining the city at the turn of the 20th century.
The books many images are divided into nine chapters ranging from families, homes, and businesses, to schools, the floods of 1907, 1913, and 1937 and historic transportation.
Guyandotte, $21.99, Arcadia Publishing. Available at local retailers, online bookstores, or through Arcadia Publishing at www.arcadiapublishing.com or (888) 313-2665.
About the Author: Bob Withers is a retired reporter and copy editor for the Herald-Dispatch in Huntington, West Virginia, and a Baptist pastor. He has authored or coauthored 15 books and numerous articles in internationally circulated magazines.