- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- FLASHBACK: "Eyes Right," a Memorial Day Favorite
- Casting Call for Seductive Female for WV Music Video
- Legislature Completes Supplemental Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2016
- Marshall athletic training student receives 2016 NATA Foundation Scholarship
- Former Director of Safety Town Cannot Be Located; Court Seeks to Serve Defendant in Molestation Complaint
- Camden Park Announces Memorial Day Weekend Festivities!
Arcadia Publishing to Release Next in its Local History Series Images of America – Guyandotte
The historic Huntington neighborhood was settled at the turn of the 19th century and founded as a town before joining the city at the turn of the 20th century.
The books many images are divided into nine chapters ranging from families, homes, and businesses, to schools, the floods of 1907, 1913, and 1937 and historic transportation.
Guyandotte, $21.99, Arcadia Publishing. Available at local retailers, online bookstores, or through Arcadia Publishing at www.arcadiapublishing.com or (888) 313-2665.
About the Author: Bob Withers is a retired reporter and copy editor for the Herald-Dispatch in Huntington, West Virginia, and a Baptist pastor. He has authored or coauthored 15 books and numerous articles in internationally circulated magazines.