- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Marshall University School of Medicine announces new administrative chair of radiation oncology
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Foreign and Domestic': Jake Mahegan: A.J. Tata's Answer to Lee Child's Jack Reacher
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Remembering Robert E. Lee: American Patriot and Southern Hero
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- OP-ED: Beyond Deterrence, Compassion
- OP-ED: Vermont Yankee and the Rest: Dirty, Dangerous, Too Costly to Compute
Arcadia Publishing to Release Next in its Local History Series Images of America – Guyandotte
The historic Huntington neighborhood was settled at the turn of the 19th century and founded as a town before joining the city at the turn of the 20th century.
The books many images are divided into nine chapters ranging from families, homes, and businesses, to schools, the floods of 1907, 1913, and 1937 and historic transportation.
Guyandotte, $21.99, Arcadia Publishing. Available at local retailers, online bookstores, or through Arcadia Publishing at www.arcadiapublishing.com or (888) 313-2665.
About the Author: Bob Withers is a retired reporter and copy editor for the Herald-Dispatch in Huntington, West Virginia, and a Baptist pastor. He has authored or coauthored 15 books and numerous articles in internationally circulated magazines.