- Harless Hall of Fame to welcome three new members in ceremony May 7
- Love and Other Tragedies Slated for Release featuring Cure's Roger O'Donnell
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Fixing Slips Forced Priority for Huntington, Mayor Says
- Southern Faces Federal Criminal Charges for Bankruptcy and Wire Fraud in January MCHM Spill
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- Huntington Police Arrest Suspect in Car Vandalism
- Huntington Water Quality Board Meets Jan. 13 at 11 a.m.
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: It’s Not Prostitution; It’s Just an Arrangement
- U.S.: New Home Sales Fall 1.6% in November
Arcadia Publishing to Release Next in its Local History Series Images of America – Guyandotte
The historic Huntington neighborhood was settled at the turn of the 19th century and founded as a town before joining the city at the turn of the 20th century.
The books many images are divided into nine chapters ranging from families, homes, and businesses, to schools, the floods of 1907, 1913, and 1937 and historic transportation.
Guyandotte, $21.99, Arcadia Publishing. Available at local retailers, online bookstores, or through Arcadia Publishing at www.arcadiapublishing.com or (888) 313-2665.
About the Author: Bob Withers is a retired reporter and copy editor for the Herald-Dispatch in Huntington, West Virginia, and a Baptist pastor. He has authored or coauthored 15 books and numerous articles in internationally circulated magazines.