- BREAKING: Huntington Sanitary Board Considers Rate Increase Monday
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- COMMENTARY: Ghost Ship Tragedy Recalls Learrning the Meaning of Off Record Until....
- WVDNR News: 2016 West Virginia deer firearms season fact sheet
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- St. Joseph Invitational Basketball Tournament
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Issued for Customers in Salt Rock, West Virginia
Monday, March 3, 2014 - 21:05 Updated 2 years ago From WV American Water Release
Affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring water used for drinking, cooking, bathing and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using bottled water; most home water filters will not provide adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center at 1-800-685-8660.