- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Walks with Mayor Williams Continue
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Man Shot in Arm on Huntington's Sixth Avenue
- 53rd annual Marshall International Festival returns to Big Sandy Arena Saturday, Nov. 5
- Huntington Convenience Store Worker Shoots Thief in Leg
- Heart Wrenching Design Honored As Statewide Winner
PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Let's Have Mail-In Early Voting for Everybody
I have a modest proposal: Why not extend this privilege -- now limited in the Lone Star state to voters 65 and over -- to everybody? It's in operation for everyone in Washington state and Oregon, so why not everywhere?
Here's a story from Portland, OR about mail-in or postal voting: http://www.governing.com/columns/dispatch/Why-Hasnt-Voting-by-Mail-Spread.html
It's so logical, and practical for people who work and may not be able to get to the polling place in time to vote. With today's economy, many people are working two jobs to make ends meet, making it almost impossible to go to a polling place.
I got my mail-in ballot a good two weeks before election day, giving me plenty of time to research the candidates and their qualifications -- or lack thereof.
Let's do it!