- Caserta Asks Prosecutor to Reconsider Petition Against Williams
- UPDATED... Caserta Asks for Records During Meeting
- Mayor Williams Tells His Side ; Link to Mayor Steve Williams on Tom Roten Morning Show
- Five Huntington Firefighters Promoted
- Ethics Petition Filed Against Some City Council Members by Rebecca Thacker
- Huntington Heroin Death Toll now 31
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: US and Venezuela: Don’t fan the flames, put out the fire
PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Let's Have Mail-In Early Voting for Everybody
I have a modest proposal: Why not extend this privilege -- now limited in the Lone Star state to voters 65 and over -- to everybody? It's in operation for everyone in Washington state and Oregon, so why not everywhere?
Here's a story from Portland, OR about mail-in or postal voting: http://www.governing.com/columns/dispatch/Why-Hasnt-Voting-by-Mail-Spread.html
It's so logical, and practical for people who work and may not be able to get to the polling place in time to vote. With today's economy, many people are working two jobs to make ends meet, making it almost impossible to go to a polling place.
I got my mail-in ballot a good two weeks before election day, giving me plenty of time to research the candidates and their qualifications -- or lack thereof.
Let's do it!