- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- OP-ED: This Time, 'Free Speech' Cannot Prevail
PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Let's Have Mail-In Early Voting for Everybody
I have a modest proposal: Why not extend this privilege -- now limited in the Lone Star state to voters 65 and over -- to everybody? It's in operation for everyone in Washington state and Oregon, so why not everywhere?
Here's a story from Portland, OR about mail-in or postal voting: http://www.governing.com/columns/dispatch/Why-Hasnt-Voting-by-Mail-Spread.html
It's so logical, and practical for people who work and may not be able to get to the polling place in time to vote. With today's economy, many people are working two jobs to make ends meet, making it almost impossible to go to a polling place.
I got my mail-in ballot a good two weeks before election day, giving me plenty of time to research the candidates and their qualifications -- or lack thereof.
Let's do it!