- World in Danger: The Fukushima California Connection
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Temporary Restraining Order Issued Against Mobile Home Mover Accused of Deceiving Consumers
- Get Your Hot Dogs and Entertainment at Pullman Square
- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall University School of Medicine announces new chair of neurology
- UPDATED ... Ghost Hunters , Costumed Heroes Visiting Region IMAGES
‘Coffee with the Mayor’ returns to Marshall University this week
“The idea is to let all stakeholders at Marshall know that I am their mayor and that I am always approachable,” Williams said. “City Hall isn’t just a building at the corner of 5th Avenue and 8th Street. I want there to be a consistent presence of city government on campus.”
In addition to listening to concerns and answering questions, Williams said he has three main objectives with the sessions: Let students know that they are valued citizens in the city; show them that staying in Huntington after graduation is a viable option; and, if they have to leave upon graduation, help them develop a love for Huntington so strong that they can’t wait to return.
“I believe that holding ‘Coffee with the Mayor’ for a second consecutive year exemplifies the already strong partnership between Marshall University and the City of Huntington,” Marshall Student Body President EJ Hassan said. “The Student Government Association is very proud to be a part of this partnership, and we look forward to the opportunity of keeping students engaged with their city officials as well as student representatives.”
The Student Government Association is offering students a chance to win a Keurig coffee maker duringthe event. Anyone who puts a photo of the event on Twitter and mentions @MUSGA with the hashtag #CoffeeChats in their tweet will be entered to win. For more information, call Jordan Wooldridge, SGA chief of staff, at 304-696-2289.