- Ralph Nader Radio Show airs Portsmouth "Toxic Avengers" Concerning Nuclear Whistle Blowers
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Panda Hugs and Crafts Greet Marquee Pullman Moviegoers IMAGES
- "Elsa" Visits Children at South Charleston Library IMAGES
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- Over the River….to Grandparent’s House We Go
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
- Charlie's Harley Davidson Recognized for Superior Performance
- “Mauritius” to open Marshall Theatre’s semester Feb. 17
‘Coffee with the Mayor’ returns to Marshall University this week
“The idea is to let all stakeholders at Marshall know that I am their mayor and that I am always approachable,” Williams said. “City Hall isn’t just a building at the corner of 5th Avenue and 8th Street. I want there to be a consistent presence of city government on campus.”
In addition to listening to concerns and answering questions, Williams said he has three main objectives with the sessions: Let students know that they are valued citizens in the city; show them that staying in Huntington after graduation is a viable option; and, if they have to leave upon graduation, help them develop a love for Huntington so strong that they can’t wait to return.
“I believe that holding ‘Coffee with the Mayor’ for a second consecutive year exemplifies the already strong partnership between Marshall University and the City of Huntington,” Marshall Student Body President EJ Hassan said. “The Student Government Association is very proud to be a part of this partnership, and we look forward to the opportunity of keeping students engaged with their city officials as well as student representatives.”
The Student Government Association is offering students a chance to win a Keurig coffee maker duringthe event. Anyone who puts a photo of the event on Twitter and mentions @MUSGA with the hashtag #CoffeeChats in their tweet will be entered to win. For more information, call Jordan Wooldridge, SGA chief of staff, at 304-696-2289.