- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- Huntington Ready to Regatta
- Huntington Skateboard Park Exceeds Fund Raising Goals, Phase I Open by December 31
- Huntington Police Make Drug Arrests
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- Former Booster Club Treasurer Indicted for Theft
Huntington Felon Sentenced for Illegal Firearm Possession
Lewis had been previously convicted of the felony offense of trafficking in opium. Because of the felony conviction, Lewis was prohibited from possessing a firearm. Lewis was also involved in an incident December 2011 in Wayne County, West Virginia, in which he stole, among other items, two .38 caliber revolvers and a .22 caliber pistol, which, according to Lewis, he traded for drugs.
The sentence was imposed by Chief United States District Judge Robert C. Chambers.