- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Council Hears First Reading on Planned Duplex
- 2016 Rails & Ales Festival to be Held on Saturday, August 13th
- Marshall listed among Best Online Liberal Arts Colleges for Bachelor’s Degrees
- Huntington Council Discusses Two Ordinances
- Attorney General Morrisey to EPA: Halt Federal Spending on Clean Power Plan
- PSC Legacy Document Shows Dietz Landfill Closure Cost to be Shared by INCO, City
- Lecture Series Held at City Hall
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Reverse Course, Move Down
"Mortgage rates were down this week as real GDP was revised downwards to 2.4 percent growth in the fourth quarter of 2013," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Fixed residential investment negatively contributed to GDP decreasing 8.7 percent in the fourth quarter. The private sector added an estimated 139,000 jobs in February, which was below the market consensus and followed a downward revision of 48,000 jobs in January, according to the ADP Research Institute."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.28 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending March 6, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.37 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.52 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.32 percent with an average 0.6 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.39 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.76 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.03 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.05 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.63 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.52 percent this week with an average 0.3 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.63 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.