- McDonie family establishes Marshall School of Medicine Scholarship
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Huntington Police Net Eleven Individual Arrests Jan. 13 & Early Hours of Jan. 14
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- LOCATION CHANGE: Inaugural Private Party Planned for Schlotzsky's
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Marshall to be home of Ellis Marsalis International Jazz Piano Competition, Festival
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Reverse Course, Move Down
"Mortgage rates were down this week as real GDP was revised downwards to 2.4 percent growth in the fourth quarter of 2013," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "Fixed residential investment negatively contributed to GDP decreasing 8.7 percent in the fourth quarter. The private sector added an estimated 139,000 jobs in February, which was below the market consensus and followed a downward revision of 48,000 jobs in January, according to the ADP Research Institute."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.28 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending March 6, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.37 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.52 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.32 percent with an average 0.6 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.39 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.76 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.03 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.05 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.63 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.52 percent this week with an average 0.3 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.63 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.