- Four Injured in Interstate 64 Accident
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- HMDA May Purchase Huntington Urban Renewal Parking Lots for Bond Payoff, Redevelopment
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- AAA Forecasts Year-End Holiday Travel Up 4.5 % in the South Atlantic Region
- Groups Coalesce Against Fracking Activity in Ohio River Valley
- Council's One-Legged Veteran Contributor Passes
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
Reds and MLB looking for ‘Honorary Bat Girl’
Fans are encouraged to submit stories about how they, or someone they know, are “Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer” and why they would like to be an “Honorary Bat Girl” for the Reds at Great American Ball Park on Sunday, May 11, which is Mother’s Day.
Fans can visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com to share their story. The deadline for submissions is March 24.
The 2014 Honorary Bat Girl Contest is a Major League Baseball initiative designed to raise greater awareness and support for the breast cancer cause.
One winner representing each MLB team will be chosen by a panel of judges.
The Reds winner will be recognized during pregame ceremonies on May 11th (Reds vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:10 p.m.) at Great American Ball Park.
Please visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com for full contest rules.
The winner will receive on-field recognition, complimentary tickets to the game, Louisville Slugger pink bat engraved with winner’s name, commemorative jersey and pink wrist bands.