- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 31, 2014
- Former Prison Employee Appears in Federal Court for Sexual Abuse of Inmate
- Thieves Steal Huntington Veteran's Wheel Chair
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Commonwealth Business Council is Dead: Will a Bankable Entity Arise?
- Perry's Honored; Artisan Cafe to Open
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Santana Coming to Games at Pullman Square for Art Walk
- USDA Announces Additional Food Safety Requirements, New Inspection System for Poultry Products
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Pledges To Keep Fighting For Coal Miners, Their Families At Rally To Support American Energy
- BOOK REVIEW: '935 Lies': How Governments, Businesses Lie to Us and the Failure of Journalism to Inform Us
Reds and MLB looking for ‘Honorary Bat Girl’
Fans are encouraged to submit stories about how they, or someone they know, are “Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer” and why they would like to be an “Honorary Bat Girl” for the Reds at Great American Ball Park on Sunday, May 11, which is Mother’s Day.
Fans can visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com to share their story. The deadline for submissions is March 24.
The 2014 Honorary Bat Girl Contest is a Major League Baseball initiative designed to raise greater awareness and support for the breast cancer cause.
One winner representing each MLB team will be chosen by a panel of judges.
The Reds winner will be recognized during pregame ceremonies on May 11th (Reds vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:10 p.m.) at Great American Ball Park.
Please visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com for full contest rules.
The winner will receive on-field recognition, complimentary tickets to the game, Louisville Slugger pink bat engraved with winner’s name, commemorative jersey and pink wrist bands.