- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- West Virginia’s Premiere Anime, Manga, Gaming & Pop Culture Convention Announces Programming Expansion Plans
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- Finalists for Huntington police chief announced
- IMAGES: Thundering Herd Rolls to 3-0
- Miss New York new Miss America
- Cabell Republican Headquarters Grand Opening
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
Reds and MLB looking for ‘Honorary Bat Girl’
Fans are encouraged to submit stories about how they, or someone they know, are “Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer” and why they would like to be an “Honorary Bat Girl” for the Reds at Great American Ball Park on Sunday, May 11, which is Mother’s Day.
Fans can visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com to share their story. The deadline for submissions is March 24.
The 2014 Honorary Bat Girl Contest is a Major League Baseball initiative designed to raise greater awareness and support for the breast cancer cause.
One winner representing each MLB team will be chosen by a panel of judges.
The Reds winner will be recognized during pregame ceremonies on May 11th (Reds vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:10 p.m.) at Great American Ball Park.
Please visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com for full contest rules.
The winner will receive on-field recognition, complimentary tickets to the game, Louisville Slugger pink bat engraved with winner’s name, commemorative jersey and pink wrist bands.