- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- 2012 Honeywell Accident Sent Radiation to WV
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Glimpses of a Global Life': Longest Serving Secretary-General of the Commonwealth Survived a Helicopter Trip with Idi Amin as Pilot
- Detroit Man Sentenced for Role in Huntington Heroin Conspiray
- BREAKING... Officers with K-9 Unit Make Arrest on First Avenue
- Huntington SWAT Team Nails Columbus Man on Drugs, Firearm Charges
- Fall International Film Festival Showcases Diversity and Culture at the Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center
Reds and MLB looking for ‘Honorary Bat Girl’
Fans are encouraged to submit stories about how they, or someone they know, are “Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer” and why they would like to be an “Honorary Bat Girl” for the Reds at Great American Ball Park on Sunday, May 11, which is Mother’s Day.
Fans can visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com to share their story. The deadline for submissions is March 24.
The 2014 Honorary Bat Girl Contest is a Major League Baseball initiative designed to raise greater awareness and support for the breast cancer cause.
One winner representing each MLB team will be chosen by a panel of judges.
The Reds winner will be recognized during pregame ceremonies on May 11th (Reds vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:10 p.m.) at Great American Ball Park.
Please visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com for full contest rules.
The winner will receive on-field recognition, complimentary tickets to the game, Louisville Slugger pink bat engraved with winner’s name, commemorative jersey and pink wrist bands.