- Man Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Let's Get With the Rest of the World and Abolish Grand Juries
- West Virginia joins America’s State Parks in challenge to “#OptOutside” beginning Black Friday
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Trivillian's Pharmacy Charged with Healthcare, Drug Crimes
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 22, 2014
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
Reds and MLB looking for ‘Honorary Bat Girl’
Fans are encouraged to submit stories about how they, or someone they know, are “Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer” and why they would like to be an “Honorary Bat Girl” for the Reds at Great American Ball Park on Sunday, May 11, which is Mother’s Day.
Fans can visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com to share their story. The deadline for submissions is March 24.
The 2014 Honorary Bat Girl Contest is a Major League Baseball initiative designed to raise greater awareness and support for the breast cancer cause.
One winner representing each MLB team will be chosen by a panel of judges.
The Reds winner will be recognized during pregame ceremonies on May 11th (Reds vs. Colorado Rockies, 1:10 p.m.) at Great American Ball Park.
Please visit www.HonoraryBatGirl.com for full contest rules.
The winner will receive on-field recognition, complimentary tickets to the game, Louisville Slugger pink bat engraved with winner’s name, commemorative jersey and pink wrist bands.