- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- Q and A with Councilman Caserta: Mayor Needs to be Held Accountable, Independent Audit Necessary
- Bid Specifics Revealed in Huntington Street Sweeping Program
- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- Ohio Woman Found Guilty of 2009 Antifreeze Murder, Sentenced to 15 Years to Life
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governing Sick Leave Payments
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
Five women arrested in prostitution sting on 6th Avenue
In each case, a woman approached the undercover officer and offered sexual acts in exchange for money. Arrested in the operation were:
* Tammy Eagle, 44, of Huntington, third-offense prostitution.
* Crystal Hardy, 30, of Huntington, third-offense prostitution.
* Jessica Hinkle, 27, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Sabrina Morrison, 43, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Celeste Pierce, 35, of Huntington, third-offense prostitution.
The recent warmer weather has brought an increase in the amount of prostitution activity in the area as well as an increase in the number of phone calls to the Huntington Police Department’s anonymous tip line, according to Capt. Rocky Johnson. This is the first of what will be several enforcement activities that will continue through the spring and into the summer, Johnson said.
The Police Department’s anonymous crime tip line is 304-696-4444.