- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... 'Furious 7' Gonna Roll
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 31, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 30, 2015
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: St Kitts-Nevis election fiasco: Symptom of a bigger problem
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
Pain Free 20 Week Abortion Bill Goes to Governor
The WV Senate turned down efforts to move restrictions to 24 weeks after the woman's last menstrual cycle. The House voted 85-15 to approve the Senate version which contains amendments.
The bill prohibits abortion after 20 weeks unless the mother's life or a serious physical impairment would occur. An abortion is allowed after that time frame if the fetus is not viable.
This legislation would require that all abortions be reported to the state Department of Health and Human Resources. Violator's could be found guilty of a misdemeanor and fined $4,000.