- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
Pain Free 20 Week Abortion Bill Goes to Governor
The WV Senate turned down efforts to move restrictions to 24 weeks after the woman's last menstrual cycle. The House voted 85-15 to approve the Senate version which contains amendments.
The bill prohibits abortion after 20 weeks unless the mother's life or a serious physical impairment would occur. An abortion is allowed after that time frame if the fetus is not viable.
This legislation would require that all abortions be reported to the state Department of Health and Human Resources. Violator's could be found guilty of a misdemeanor and fined $4,000.