- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Four Injured in Interstate 64 Accident
- HMDA May Purchase Huntington Urban Renewal Parking Lots for Bond Payoff, Redevelopment
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 23, 2014
- Beech Fork State Park responds to camping trends with online reservations in 2015
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 22, 2014
- Sony Pulls "The Interview;" U.S. Investigators Determine North Korea Responsible for Cyber Attack
Pain Free 20 Week Abortion Bill Goes to Governor
The WV Senate turned down efforts to move restrictions to 24 weeks after the woman's last menstrual cycle. The House voted 85-15 to approve the Senate version which contains amendments.
The bill prohibits abortion after 20 weeks unless the mother's life or a serious physical impairment would occur. An abortion is allowed after that time frame if the fetus is not viable.
This legislation would require that all abortions be reported to the state Department of Health and Human Resources. Violator's could be found guilty of a misdemeanor and fined $4,000.