- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
Video: Learn What's Coming When MU's Visual Arts Center Opens
As a historic note, Marshall did not acquire all of the former Stone and Thomas property. The portion to the east that included the former entrance , display frontage, and elevator tower was not included. This section of the former Anderson Newcomb Company store had been added during various expansions.
For those old timers that remember visiting the store, the shoe department, the areas immediately after stepping off the elevators, the former beauty shop, and the men's department are not part of the original structure.
The video supplied by Marshall University outlines the downtown renaissance anticipated by the opening of the new facility.