- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- Manchin Statement on President's Immigration Executive Actions
- Bates Supports Budget Reductions to Offset Shortfall Projection
- Marshall Men's Basketball: Herd Falls to Seventh-Ranked Louisville, 85-67
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Bankruptcy Court Awards West Virginia DEP $2.7 Million
- Schray earns national honors as top professor in West Virginia
- Local writers Marie Manilla and Nicole Lawrence to read from their work at Marshall University
Video: Learn What's Coming When MU's Visual Arts Center Opens
As a historic note, Marshall did not acquire all of the former Stone and Thomas property. The portion to the east that included the former entrance , display frontage, and elevator tower was not included. This section of the former Anderson Newcomb Company store had been added during various expansions.
For those old timers that remember visiting the store, the shoe department, the areas immediately after stepping off the elevators, the former beauty shop, and the men's department are not part of the original structure.
The video supplied by Marshall University outlines the downtown renaissance anticipated by the opening of the new facility.