- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- RETRO: Huntington Christmas Parade IMAGES
- "Creed" Punches it's Way into "Rocky's" Championship Heritage
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
Heightened awareness on West End leads to drug raid, arrests
Officers recovered powder cocaine and crack cocaine with a combined weight of almost one pound and a street value of about $48,000. Also recovered at the residence were two handguns, 20 hydrocodone pills, about $5,000 in cash, scales and packaging material consistent with the distribution and sale of drugs.
Sentell James Hicks 19, of Columbus, Ohio, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, a felony. A second Columbus, Ohio, man, Ricky Lee Hogan, 34, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.
The landlord of the residence will be issued a nuisance letter for corrective action and code enforcement officers will be notified for a follow-up investigation, according to Capt. Rocky Johnson, commander of the Special Investigations Bureau.
Johnson said Special Investigations detectives have increased their drug enforcement activities in the West End during the past several months because of the River to Rail initiative, a multi-pronged effort using law enforcement, code enforcement, economic and community development to revitalize the neighborhood.
Information obtained from community members, the officers that patrol the neighborhood on a daily basis and anonymous tips left on the Police Department’s tip line (304-696-4444) led to the drug raid, Johnson said. More arrests are expected in the future because of evidence recovered from the search warrant.