- Portion of Downtown Floodwall Shifting Possibly Due to Sink Hole Near Pump Station
- UPDATED: State Audit 2015 Statement; Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governoring Sick Leave Payments
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
- Professor receives $350,000 National Science Foundation research grant
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
- REVIEW: "Theory" Imspires not Giving Up and Necessity of More than just You
Man Sentenced to Eight Years for Trafficking Heroin
"Bennett is responsible for supplying heroin to those battling addiction in both Ohio and Kentucky, and we are pleased that he will now spend several years off the streets," said Attorney General DeWine. "This defendant made numerous efforts to evade justice, but this case shows the determination of law enforcement to arrest and prosecute those who are bringing this deadly drug into our communities.”
“Bennett was the ringleader of a heroin distribution ring in Brown County that wreaked havoc on the surrounding area during the few months of its operation," said Prosecutor Little. "Today’s sentence should serve as a warning to those seeking to traffic drugs in Brown County because those convicted will pay with many years in prison.”
The case was prosecuted jointly with the Brown County Prosecutor's Office and prosecutors from Attorney General's Special Prosecutions Section.
Investigators with the Brown County Sheriff’s Office and Maysville (Kentucky) Police Department investigated the case. The Lexington (Kentucky) Police Department, Miami-Dade Fugitive Task Force and the United States Secret Service assisted in Bennett’s capture.
In response to the increasing rate of heroin overdose deaths reported to the Attorney General's Office in 2013, Attorney General DeWine expanded his office's drug abuse prevention efforts and formed a new Heroin Unit to assist local law enforcement in targeting high level drug traffickers. A new training course for law enforcement is also being offered to outline the extent of the heroin problem in Ohio and recent trends in abuse and trafficking.