- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- Q and A with Councilman Caserta: Mayor Needs to be Held Accountable, Independent Audit Necessary
- Bid Specifics Revealed in Huntington Street Sweeping Program
- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Donations Needed for Guyandotte Christmas Open House Planned Dec. 23
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governing Sick Leave Payments
- WWE returning to Big Sandy Superstore Arena in 2015
UPDATE: Berry, Gossett Jr. Cast in Ironton Writer’s “Extant,” McConaughey NOT Cast, Fisher States
The "joke" kinda reminds us of the one that heated up Morgantown and Huntington, WV IP providers in which a pseudo news story claimed that Huntington's mayor would ban Mountaineer colors, although he graduated from both universities.
Although the ruse foiled me... it's appropriate that those "We are Marshall" and "Titanic" stars, along with the "late Phillip Seymour" would surface on someone's smile zone radar when conjecturing a discussion of "re-connecting" and "clones." Those science-fiction themes echo the veiled "Extant" and the West Coast debut of Fisher's play, "Replica," which undertakes a novel experiment --- that of a terminally ill woman's memory and personality retained retaining in a look-a-like clone.
“Replica,” runs March 13-15 and 19-22 at the Grand Central Arts Center, California State University, Fullerton, Calif., starring Julie and Janna Cardia and John Short. The production takes place as she and her “replica” undergo a series of tests following the procedure. http://jannacardia.wix.com/replica#!about/cb3i
In an earlier interview, Fisher told HNN, “it takes standard science-fiction elements and treats them like family drama.
Using a futuristic earth where aliens, androids, and space travel are the norm, "Extant is grounded in a very real, hopefully emotionally compelling story about people you want to root for", Fisher said. "I think it's doing something that a lot of sci-fi has stopped doing these days, which is that it's using that story to explore questions about what is it that makes us human." http://www.huntingtonnews.net/69273
Fisher’s series amassed awesome buzz well before Sandra Bullock’s “Gravity.” Executive producer, Stephen Spielberg picked up the Fisher script/concept in an awesome “break” for a filmmaker known mostly for the locally lensed “King of Iron Town,” and “Summer Nuts” and “Autumn Mixtape.”Again, great "joke" unintentionally alluding to the fantasy themes of both the series and the play. We apologize for the error that we fell for it too.