- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
UPDATE: Berry, Gossett Jr. Cast in Ironton Writer’s “Extant,” McConaughey NOT Cast, Fisher States
The "joke" kinda reminds us of the one that heated up Morgantown and Huntington, WV IP providers in which a pseudo news story claimed that Huntington's mayor would ban Mountaineer colors, although he graduated from both universities.
Although the ruse foiled me... it's appropriate that those "We are Marshall" and "Titanic" stars, along with the "late Phillip Seymour" would surface on someone's smile zone radar when conjecturing a discussion of "re-connecting" and "clones." Those science-fiction themes echo the veiled "Extant" and the West Coast debut of Fisher's play, "Replica," which undertakes a novel experiment --- that of a terminally ill woman's memory and personality retained retaining in a look-a-like clone.
“Replica,” runs March 13-15 and 19-22 at the Grand Central Arts Center, California State University, Fullerton, Calif., starring Julie and Janna Cardia and John Short. The production takes place as she and her “replica” undergo a series of tests following the procedure. http://jannacardia.wix.com/replica#!about/cb3i
In an earlier interview, Fisher told HNN, “it takes standard science-fiction elements and treats them like family drama.
Using a futuristic earth where aliens, androids, and space travel are the norm, "Extant is grounded in a very real, hopefully emotionally compelling story about people you want to root for", Fisher said. "I think it's doing something that a lot of sci-fi has stopped doing these days, which is that it's using that story to explore questions about what is it that makes us human." http://www.huntingtonnews.net/69273
Fisher’s series amassed awesome buzz well before Sandra Bullock’s “Gravity.” Executive producer, Stephen Spielberg picked up the Fisher script/concept in an awesome “break” for a filmmaker known mostly for the locally lensed “King of Iron Town,” and “Summer Nuts” and “Autumn Mixtape.”Again, great "joke" unintentionally alluding to the fantasy themes of both the series and the play. We apologize for the error that we fell for it too.