- Huntington Police Make Eight Arrests for Drug Possession
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- City Teams with OVEC to Help WV Flood Victims
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Hearing Monday for Mayoral Candidate in Magistrate Court
- Flooding Closes Greenbrier
- West Virginia American Water Responding to Operational Impacts of Widespread Flooding
Psychology department to offer group sessions for parents, couples
Sessions will be led by Marshall Higher Education for Learning Problems (H.E.L.P.) center staff members Elijah Wise, M.A., and Meg Stone, M.A., who will lead discussions on issues ranging from the basics of an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), steps for pursuing and completing psycho-education testing, finding community resources and navigating the range of treatment options from behavior plans and medications.
"We hope that this group provides parents an opportunity to share their concerns and experiences with one another," Wise said. Stone added, "Our intention is for this to be both an informative and therapeutic experience."
Another group, which is for couples, will focus on preventative strategies.
"We're looking for couples who are taking the 'next step' in their relationship," said Cory Wilks, one of the group leaders. "Whether you're newly married or planning on getting married, newly moved in together or planning on moving in together, newly engaged or planning on being engaged, or if you're experiencing other types of 'growing pains' most relationships go through, this group can help with the adjustment."
Kellee Boster, the other group leader, said, "Prevention is the best treatment, so by focusing on preventing problems from occurring in the first place, couples will be able to enjoy their relationships more rather than focusing on relationship problems."
The start date of the group is expected to be soon and the scheduling of the once-a-week meetings will be determined based on the availability of those interested in joining. Those interested in participating should send an e-mail as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.