- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Rhoden Family Members Make Plea for Tips in Pike County Murders of Loved Ones
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Huntington Church Offers Sanctuary for Undocumented Immigrants
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Derby Hat Luncheon sponsored by Ebenezer Medical Outreach, Inc.
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- AARP Partners for Money Smart Week Events
UPDATED: Holbrook Flies to Columbia, S.C. to Meet Law Enforcement Officials
According to those sources, an official announcement is not anticipated until next week.
WISTV has reported that two of the final five selections withdrew, that the post has a high turnover rate, and that at one point officials considered consolidating the post with the sheriff's department. Columbia City Council voted that proposition down 6-0.
Huntington Mayor Steve Williams has been quoted as stating, "I'm trying to use every means at my disposal to assure him he has a good thing."
Holbrook has been Huntington's Police Chief since 2007 and under his leadership the department has received awards and consistently lowered crime. Huntington has 111 employees and a $12 million dollar a year budget. He is paid $70,000 a year.
Should he be offered the Columbia position, the city has 460 police department employees and a budget of $31 million dollars.