- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- HPD Makes Multiple Drug Related Arrests
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- Many WV State Offices have Pre-Canadidacy Filings; Cabell Non-Partisan Judges too
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall Assistant Coach Charged with DUI
- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
UPDATED: Holbrook Flies to Columbia, S.C. to Meet Law Enforcement Officials
According to those sources, an official announcement is not anticipated until next week.
WISTV has reported that two of the final five selections withdrew, that the post has a high turnover rate, and that at one point officials considered consolidating the post with the sheriff's department. Columbia City Council voted that proposition down 6-0.
Huntington Mayor Steve Williams has been quoted as stating, "I'm trying to use every means at my disposal to assure him he has a good thing."
Holbrook has been Huntington's Police Chief since 2007 and under his leadership the department has received awards and consistently lowered crime. Huntington has 111 employees and a $12 million dollar a year budget. He is paid $70,000 a year.
Should he be offered the Columbia position, the city has 460 police department employees and a budget of $31 million dollars.