- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Huntington Convenience Store Worker Shoots Thief in Leg
- Bunn Resigns from Council , Moving to District 9
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Detroit man pleads guilty for role in Point Pleasant heroin conspiracy
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall’s Sustainability Department plans technology recycling event; volunteers needed for sweet potato harvest, greenhouse installation
- Democracy Can be Hacked
UPDATED: Holbrook Flies to Columbia, S.C. to Meet Law Enforcement Officials
According to those sources, an official announcement is not anticipated until next week.
WISTV has reported that two of the final five selections withdrew, that the post has a high turnover rate, and that at one point officials considered consolidating the post with the sheriff's department. Columbia City Council voted that proposition down 6-0.
Huntington Mayor Steve Williams has been quoted as stating, "I'm trying to use every means at my disposal to assure him he has a good thing."
Holbrook has been Huntington's Police Chief since 2007 and under his leadership the department has received awards and consistently lowered crime. Huntington has 111 employees and a $12 million dollar a year budget. He is paid $70,000 a year.
Should he be offered the Columbia position, the city has 460 police department employees and a budget of $31 million dollars.