- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
Huntington Police Seek Suspect in Bar Shooting
About ten minutes later at 2:41 a.m., a man suffering a non-life threatening chest wound arrived at the Cabell Huntington Hospital Emergency Room. Brandon Jennings, 21, of Huntington, underwent surgery and is expected to recover. Investigators will interview Jennings when he recovers from surgery.
According to Huntington Police Lt. John Williams many of the patrons fled the bar immediately after the shooting. Officers attempted to interview several of the witnesses, but no one "admitted observing any altercation in the dance floor area where the shooting is believed to have taken place," Williams said in a prepared release.
No weapons have been recovered. No information was obtained from friends of the victim. According to the Herald Dispatch, the West Virginia Alcohol Beverage Control Commission has suspended the license of Club 1201 for ten days.
Any person who may have information on this incident is asked to call 304-696-4444.