- OP ED COLUMN: Billionaire Receives Millions in Tax Credits for his Company
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- AAA Forecasts Year-End Holiday Travel Up 4.5 % in the South Atlantic Region
- Beech Fork State Park responds to camping trends with online reservations in 2015
- Motown Experience to Raise Funds for Keith Albee
- It's CamperTime! At Beech Fork State Park August 29, 2015
- COLUMN: Death of an Addict
- Christmas Kente Ceremony for winter graduates is Saturday at Marshall
- Mardi Gras Masquerade at Twin Falls State Park for New Year’s Eve
- COLUMN: Anguished Life of An Addict's Parent
Huntington High Art Students Honored at Ohio University’s Annual Tri-State Art Exhibition
Monday, March 17, 2014 - 01:53 Updated 1 year ago
Hanna Woods’ ceramic piece “Elissa” (shown) won First Place and Gianna Pellegrini’s drawing “Dishes” received Third Place.
Melissa Beckelhimer’s ceramic piece “Mexican Tonight?”, Jo Lewis’s photo “Backside”, Amanda Ross’ photo “Tree”, Haeven Chapman’s painting “Nectar”, and Gianna Pellegrini’s drawing “Self Portrait” all received Honorable Mentions.
Other students’ art work chosen to exhibit includes Sydney Bowman’s painting “Journey into the Unknown”, Savannah Elkin’s ink drawing “Puppy Stage”, Heath Holley’s painting “Poor Trait”, Austin Manley’s drawing “Contour”, Diana Neacsu’s drawing “Peaches”, Gianna Pellegrinni’s drawing “Trumpet”, Daniel Neal’s photo “Abandoned”, Alexander Poore’s photo “Orange Flower”, Santara Tomblin’s photo “Digen Agen”, Destini Broyles’ ceramic “Rus the Walrus”, Sara Clark’s ceramic “Panda with Bamboo”, Jake Elder’s ceramic “Van”, Madison Haymaker’s ceramic “Synchronized Swimming”, Zach Holley’s ceramic pieces “Boot” and “Blowfish”, Misty Gibson-May’s ceramic “Sweet Delights”, Hanna Taylor’s ceramic “Tattered”, Hannah Woods’ ceramic “Grasping Life” and Holly Foy’s photo “Wild and Wonderful”.
Mrs. Leslee Smith, Mrs. Diana Frazier, Mrs. Paula Watts, and Miss Brianna Allen are the fortunate teachers of these talented students. The art work can be viewed on Ohio University's web site at http://www.ousartshow.com/.
Huntington High’s Art Department wishes to express special thanks to Ohio University art professor Thomas Suter as well as the Ohio University art department staff and students for their excellent job producing the show. All students who participated received a certificate and a t-shirt with all art entries printed on the back of the shirt