- REALTORS: Pending Home Sales Slow in October but Remain Higher Than a Year Ago
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Nothing less than a complete commitment to safety at Hanford is acceptable
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall No. 24 in College Football Playoff Rankings
- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- Hotel May Come to Central City
- Huntington Plans 12 Days of Christmas Celebration
Huntington High Art Students Honored at Ohio University’s Annual Tri-State Art Exhibition
Monday, March 17, 2014 - 01:53 Updated 36 weeks ago
Hanna Woods’ ceramic piece “Elissa” (shown) won First Place and Gianna Pellegrini’s drawing “Dishes” received Third Place.
Melissa Beckelhimer’s ceramic piece “Mexican Tonight?”, Jo Lewis’s photo “Backside”, Amanda Ross’ photo “Tree”, Haeven Chapman’s painting “Nectar”, and Gianna Pellegrini’s drawing “Self Portrait” all received Honorable Mentions.
Other students’ art work chosen to exhibit includes Sydney Bowman’s painting “Journey into the Unknown”, Savannah Elkin’s ink drawing “Puppy Stage”, Heath Holley’s painting “Poor Trait”, Austin Manley’s drawing “Contour”, Diana Neacsu’s drawing “Peaches”, Gianna Pellegrinni’s drawing “Trumpet”, Daniel Neal’s photo “Abandoned”, Alexander Poore’s photo “Orange Flower”, Santara Tomblin’s photo “Digen Agen”, Destini Broyles’ ceramic “Rus the Walrus”, Sara Clark’s ceramic “Panda with Bamboo”, Jake Elder’s ceramic “Van”, Madison Haymaker’s ceramic “Synchronized Swimming”, Zach Holley’s ceramic pieces “Boot” and “Blowfish”, Misty Gibson-May’s ceramic “Sweet Delights”, Hanna Taylor’s ceramic “Tattered”, Hannah Woods’ ceramic “Grasping Life” and Holly Foy’s photo “Wild and Wonderful”.
Mrs. Leslee Smith, Mrs. Diana Frazier, Mrs. Paula Watts, and Miss Brianna Allen are the fortunate teachers of these talented students. The art work can be viewed on Ohio University's web site at http://www.ousartshow.com/.
Huntington High’s Art Department wishes to express special thanks to Ohio University art professor Thomas Suter as well as the Ohio University art department staff and students for their excellent job producing the show. All students who participated received a certificate and a t-shirt with all art entries printed on the back of the shirt