- Caserta Asks Prosecutor to Reconsider Petition Against Williams
- Mayor Williams Tells His Side ; Link to Mayor Steve Williams on Tom Roten Morning Show
- BREAKING ... West Virginia State Police to Consider Caserta Complaint
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
- Alleged Nuclear Material Control and Accountability Weaknesses at the Department of Energy's Portsmouth Project
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
Countdown to Commencement attracts record 703 tentative graduates
Registrar Roberta Ferguson called this year's Countdown to Commencement ceremony "our most successful event ever." She said 395 tentative graduates attended the March 11 event, and 308 attended March 12, bringing the overall total to 703. Marshall has been conducting Countdown to Commencement since 2007.
"Graduation is the culmination of the efforts and sacrifices of our students and their families," Ferguson said. "I am so thankful that we share a deep commitment to make commencement and related activities memorable for our graduates and their families."Marshall will have two commencement ceremonies on May 10. The associate and bachelor's degree ceremony starts at 9 a.m., with the ceremony for master's and doctoral degree candidates beginning at 2 p.m.
"We were pleased with the number of parents who attended with prospective graduates," Ferguson said. "All in all, it was a highly successful event."