- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
Countdown to Commencement attracts record 703 tentative graduates
Registrar Roberta Ferguson called this year's Countdown to Commencement ceremony "our most successful event ever." She said 395 tentative graduates attended the March 11 event, and 308 attended March 12, bringing the overall total to 703. Marshall has been conducting Countdown to Commencement since 2007.
"Graduation is the culmination of the efforts and sacrifices of our students and their families," Ferguson said. "I am so thankful that we share a deep commitment to make commencement and related activities memorable for our graduates and their families."Marshall will have two commencement ceremonies on May 10. The associate and bachelor's degree ceremony starts at 9 a.m., with the ceremony for master's and doctoral degree candidates beginning at 2 p.m.
"We were pleased with the number of parents who attended with prospective graduates," Ferguson said. "All in all, it was a highly successful event."