- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- School of Medicine inducts new medical honor society members
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 23, 2014
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
- HMDA Schedules Special Meeting to Transfer One Million Dollars to Pay Off Parking Lot Bonds
- WWE returning to Big Sandy Superstore Arena in 2015
Countdown to Commencement attracts record 703 tentative graduates
Registrar Roberta Ferguson called this year's Countdown to Commencement ceremony "our most successful event ever." She said 395 tentative graduates attended the March 11 event, and 308 attended March 12, bringing the overall total to 703. Marshall has been conducting Countdown to Commencement since 2007.
"Graduation is the culmination of the efforts and sacrifices of our students and their families," Ferguson said. "I am so thankful that we share a deep commitment to make commencement and related activities memorable for our graduates and their families."Marshall will have two commencement ceremonies on May 10. The associate and bachelor's degree ceremony starts at 9 a.m., with the ceremony for master's and doctoral degree candidates beginning at 2 p.m.
"We were pleased with the number of parents who attended with prospective graduates," Ferguson said. "All in all, it was a highly successful event."