- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- Former Bank Vice President Made More than $1.4 Million in Bad Loans
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
- Potential Upscale Hotel Approved for Kinetic Park
- Grand opening of Visual Arts Center slated for Sept. 18-19
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
Countdown to Commencement attracts record 703 tentative graduates
Registrar Roberta Ferguson called this year's Countdown to Commencement ceremony "our most successful event ever." She said 395 tentative graduates attended the March 11 event, and 308 attended March 12, bringing the overall total to 703. Marshall has been conducting Countdown to Commencement since 2007.
"Graduation is the culmination of the efforts and sacrifices of our students and their families," Ferguson said. "I am so thankful that we share a deep commitment to make commencement and related activities memorable for our graduates and their families."Marshall will have two commencement ceremonies on May 10. The associate and bachelor's degree ceremony starts at 9 a.m., with the ceremony for master's and doctoral degree candidates beginning at 2 p.m.
"We were pleased with the number of parents who attended with prospective graduates," Ferguson said. "All in all, it was a highly successful event."