- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- World in Danger: The Fukushima California Connection
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Temporary Restraining Order Issued Against Mobile Home Mover Accused of Deceiving Consumers
- Get Your Hot Dogs and Entertainment at Pullman Square
- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- City of Huntington Codes, Ordinances on-line
- UPDATED ... Ghost Hunters , Costumed Heroes Visiting Region IMAGES
Marshall Women’s Basketball Falls to First Place Tulane, 68-38
The Herd drops its second straight to fall to 5-11, 1-3 C-USA while Tulane remains undefeated in conference play and is in the midst of an eight game win streak.
“We know that Tulane is exceptionally good at pressing and we turned the ball over too much,” head coach Royce Chadwick said. “We made too many mistakes. All eight of our players played good in spurts but we were unable to put that together for 40 minutes.”
The Green Wave took a 2-0 lead on the opening possession with a jumper by Danielle Nunn. Tulane would go on top by as many as 12 in the opening stanza and took a 30-22 advantage into half time.
Tulane exploded out of the break with a 21-5 run as the Thundering Herd was held scoreless for 5:32. Tiffany Aidoo shot three-of-seven from behind the arc in the second half for 12 of her 15 points.
MU was forced into 25 turnovers on the afternoon, converting into 28 points for the Green Wave.
Tulane sent four players into double-figures. Nunn chipped in 15 points, while Roshaunda Barnes added 12 points to go along with six steals and four assists. Brittany Lindsey came off the bench to score 11 points.
The Thundering Herd takes a break from Conference USA action as it travels to Charleston to take on instate rival West Virginia in the Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic. Game time is scheduled for 5:30 p.m., at the Charleston Civic Center.