- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- NNSA releases Environmental Review of UPF Bomb Plant Plans
- Pike County Murder Investigation: Update
- School of Physical Therapy cloaks students during White Coat Ceremony
- Portsmouth Waste Reburial: "Classification" withholds truths for that which is not actually classified
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
- May 7 th 2016 is Free Comic Book Day at Comic World
- Clinton Discussing Substance Abuse, Addiction at Charleston Briefing
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Huntington Councilwoman Meets Hillary Clinton
Marshall Women’s Basketball Falls to First Place Tulane, 68-38
The Herd drops its second straight to fall to 5-11, 1-3 C-USA while Tulane remains undefeated in conference play and is in the midst of an eight game win streak.
“We know that Tulane is exceptionally good at pressing and we turned the ball over too much,” head coach Royce Chadwick said. “We made too many mistakes. All eight of our players played good in spurts but we were unable to put that together for 40 minutes.”
The Green Wave took a 2-0 lead on the opening possession with a jumper by Danielle Nunn. Tulane would go on top by as many as 12 in the opening stanza and took a 30-22 advantage into half time.
Tulane exploded out of the break with a 21-5 run as the Thundering Herd was held scoreless for 5:32. Tiffany Aidoo shot three-of-seven from behind the arc in the second half for 12 of her 15 points.
MU was forced into 25 turnovers on the afternoon, converting into 28 points for the Green Wave.
Tulane sent four players into double-figures. Nunn chipped in 15 points, while Roshaunda Barnes added 12 points to go along with six steals and four assists. Brittany Lindsey came off the bench to score 11 points.
The Thundering Herd takes a break from Conference USA action as it travels to Charleston to take on instate rival West Virginia in the Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic. Game time is scheduled for 5:30 p.m., at the Charleston Civic Center.