- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- UPDATING ... Neither 'Mall Cop' nor 'Unfriended' Will Slow 'Furious 7' Vroom....
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Spaghetti Dinner Will Raise Funds for Firefighter
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Stirring up Stink in Central City IMAGES
Slides Eroding Portions of "Exceptional" City
Often, a pipe leads to the street where storm runoff flows onto a street from private property.
The priority projects total about $7.67 million dollars. Add facilities, technology and equipment and the total rises to nearly $13 million dollars.
Some of the streets needing intervention (in no order) include:
1. North Edgemont Road slide (2), apx. $555,000
2. Eighth Street Bridge, varies depending on grants/match
3. North Walnut /28th Street Storm Line Repair, $25,000
4. Bridge Maintenance and Rehab Start Up, $500,000
5. Hilltop Drive Road Stabilization, $500,000
6. Saltwell Road/Washington Blvd. Storm Sewer, $45,000
7. Stamford Park Road Subgrade, street and drainage, $3,000,000
8. Honeysuckle Lane Erosion/Slide, $60,000
9. Beechwood Drive Slide, $95,000
10. Memorial Park Slides, $450,000
11. 2608 Adams Avenue Sinkhole, $15,000
12. Upper Glendale Stabilization, $10,000
13. Street Light Replacement, $2,000,000
Among Facilities in need of Replacement/Rehabilitation
1. Retaining Wall Dietz Hollow at Drop Off Location is failing , $120,000
2. Salt Storage Shed, $100,000
3. Salt Spreader Hanger, $65,000 (keep salt out of weather when not in use)
4. Municipal Garage Overhead Crane Repair, $10,000
5. Analysis/Replacement/Rehabilitation of Garage ($35,000 for analysis up to $2.5 million for replacement)
6. City Hall Upgrades, $500,000