- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 25, 2015
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Community Crack Cocaine Complaints Lead to Arrests
- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
Slides Eroding Portions of "Exceptional" City
Often, a pipe leads to the street where storm runoff flows onto a street from private property.
The priority projects total about $7.67 million dollars. Add facilities, technology and equipment and the total rises to nearly $13 million dollars.
Some of the streets needing intervention (in no order) include:
1. North Edgemont Road slide (2), apx. $555,000
2. Eighth Street Bridge, varies depending on grants/match
3. North Walnut /28th Street Storm Line Repair, $25,000
4. Bridge Maintenance and Rehab Start Up, $500,000
5. Hilltop Drive Road Stabilization, $500,000
6. Saltwell Road/Washington Blvd. Storm Sewer, $45,000
7. Stamford Park Road Subgrade, street and drainage, $3,000,000
8. Honeysuckle Lane Erosion/Slide, $60,000
9. Beechwood Drive Slide, $95,000
10. Memorial Park Slides, $450,000
11. 2608 Adams Avenue Sinkhole, $15,000
12. Upper Glendale Stabilization, $10,000
13. Street Light Replacement, $2,000,000
Among Facilities in need of Replacement/Rehabilitation
1. Retaining Wall Dietz Hollow at Drop Off Location is failing , $120,000
2. Salt Storage Shed, $100,000
3. Salt Spreader Hanger, $65,000 (keep salt out of weather when not in use)
4. Municipal Garage Overhead Crane Repair, $10,000
5. Analysis/Replacement/Rehabilitation of Garage ($35,000 for analysis up to $2.5 million for replacement)
6. City Hall Upgrades, $500,000