- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Water Damage Severe inside Morris Building Apartment
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- Huntington Council Passes Highlawn Zoning, Clears Charter Votes for Second Reading
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Huntington Skateboard Park Exceeds Fund Raising Goals, Phase I Open by December 31
- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
Huntington Women Goes to Prison for Heroin Trafficking
Beginning in the summer of 2012 and continuing into the summer of 2013, Thacker allowed drug dealers from Detroit, Michigan to store and sell heroin at her residence on 11th Avenue in Huntington. She also permitted addicts to use heroin in her home. In return for facilitating this illegal drug activity, Thacker received heroin for personal use.
During a search of the residence, agents located approximately .3 grams of heroin and over $1000.00 from drug sales. Thacker also admitted that she had made six to seven trips to Detroit to obtain heroin and/or crack cocaine from an individual she knew as Zack or Zane, later identified as Zachary Merritt. Merritt, along with others, were charged and have pled guilty for their roles in trafficking heroin in Huntington.
This case is being prosecuted as part of an ongoing effort led by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of West Virginia to combat the illicit sale and misuse of prescription drugs and heroin. . The U.S. Attorney’s Office, joined by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, is committed to aggressively pursuing and shutting down illegal pill trafficking, eliminating open air drug markets, and curtailing the spread of opiate painkillers and heroin in communities across the Southern District.