- Music professors to perform on historical instruments during free performance
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- WV PSC Warns of Utility Billing Scam
- Political Satire: Portsmouth Considering Marting Building for City Offices ... Again
Barboursville Man Accused of Threatening Sen. Manchin
According to the complaint, which was unsealed today, Major made multiple calls to the Charleston, W.Va. and Washington, D.C. offices of Senator Manchin. During the calls, Major identified himself and made violent threats targeting Senator Manchin and his family members.
Major’s initial appearance on the arrest is scheduled for 2 p.m. in front of Magistrate Judge Dwane L. Tinsley, Fifth Floor, Robert C. Byrd United States Courthouse, Charleston, W.Va. Major faces up to 10 years in prison, if convicted.
The investigation was conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the West Virginia State Police. Assistant United States Attorney Haley Bunn is in charge of the prosecution.
Click here for a link to the complaint.
Note: The charge contained in the complaint is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.