- Twelve WV Communities Focus on Abandoned, Blighted Properties
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- West Virginia Coal Association Endorses Evan Jenkins
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- Detroit Man Pleads Guilty to Huntington Drug Distribution
- 100 percent of graduating family medicine residents at Marshall University will practice in Appalachian communities
- Lease on Harris Riverfront Park Extended
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in August as Investor Activity Declines
- Public Health Progressing with Implementation of SB373: Stakeholders are engaged in Source Water Protection Plan development tools
- House of Delegate Candidate Patrick Lucas Says WV's Greatest Challenge Lack of Good Jobs
Barboursville Man Accused of Threatening Sen. Manchin
According to the complaint, which was unsealed today, Major made multiple calls to the Charleston, W.Va. and Washington, D.C. offices of Senator Manchin. During the calls, Major identified himself and made violent threats targeting Senator Manchin and his family members.
Major’s initial appearance on the arrest is scheduled for 2 p.m. in front of Magistrate Judge Dwane L. Tinsley, Fifth Floor, Robert C. Byrd United States Courthouse, Charleston, W.Va. Major faces up to 10 years in prison, if convicted.
The investigation was conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the West Virginia State Police. Assistant United States Attorney Haley Bunn is in charge of the prosecution.
Click here for a link to the complaint.
Note: The charge contained in the complaint is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.