- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- Huntington Police Arrest Four Involved in Heroin Investigation
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Justice Department Settles with Salt Lake City-Area Apartment Complexes to Resolve Allegations of Discrimination Against Individuals with Disabilities
- Florida Woman Sentenced to Prison for Acting as an Illegal Agent of a Foreign Government and Conspiring to Commit Money Laundering
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- EEOC Releases New Online Resource Center
BOOK NOTES: Saturday Woodland Press Events at Books-a-Million in Barboursville, Charleston
Sat., Mar. 29th, 2-5 pm —Huntington Mall Books-a-Million presents authors F. Keith Davis, who is also the publisher of Woodland Press, Chapmanville, WV, and Connie J. Cumbridge. Davis is the co-author of "The Feuding Hatfields & McCoys"; author of "The Secret Life and Death of Mamie Thurman"; and others. Cumbridge is the author of the new inspirational title, "Our Last Journey".
Sat., Mar. 29, 2 - 5 p.m. — Also, Charleston Town Center Books-A-Million will host a special event featuring authors Frank Larnerd and Bram Stoker Award-Winner Michael Knost
"OUR LAST JOURNEY: A Story of Personal Heartbreak and Eternal Hope,” by Connie J. Cumbridge
A moving and inspiring memoir of heartache and encouragement. For 38 years, Connie had looked to her husband Earl as her spiritual rock and teacher, but never more so than during the last seven months of his life.
So how could she find the courage to go on without him? Follow this couple's love story from the early years of marriage and child-rearing, throughout the days of dealing with Earl's rare fatal illness, and learn how precious memories and a strong faith in God continue to sustain her in this real life account, "Our Last Journey".
For more information about Woodland Press: www.woodlandpress.com/