- Huntington Council Hears Preparation for School and Stanford Park Road Repair Ordinance
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- WV Hotdog Festival Saturday at Pullman Square
- BREAKING : Ft. Myers Shooting
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- W.Va. AG Announces Savings Generated By Disability Fraud Unit
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Receiving Stolen Property
- FLASHBACK: Catch a Delorean Ride Back to the Future
- International Ballet Workshop, Performance Announced in September
Highlawn Shooting will go to Grand Jury
Preliminary investigation indicates that the victim brought shotgun to the apartment, where he drank with two others. Huntington Police Lt. John Williams stated that preliminary investigation showed the victim was "manipulating the gun" and "passing it among those present" when it discharged into his chest.
One of the witnesses called it a "freak accident." The resident and witness gave detailed statements to HPD and were released. An autopsy will be performed , Lt. Williams said. The Cabell County prosecutor has been consulted. The case will be presented to a future Grand Jury to determine if charges are warranted against any of those involved.
Williams told WSAZ that a questions remains as to why the victim brought the shotgun to the residence.