- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Huntington man pleads guilty to federal oxycodone charge
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Keep Your Promises and EWG Meet with EPA on C-8 in drinking water
- Elegant Elsa Graces Wayne County Fair at Camden Park IMAGE GALLERY
- Charleston heroin and meth dealer enters federal guilty plea
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: Too Old to Party
- Two men plead guilty in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
Highlawn Shooting will go to Grand Jury
Preliminary investigation indicates that the victim brought shotgun to the apartment, where he drank with two others. Huntington Police Lt. John Williams stated that preliminary investigation showed the victim was "manipulating the gun" and "passing it among those present" when it discharged into his chest.
One of the witnesses called it a "freak accident." The resident and witness gave detailed statements to HPD and were released. An autopsy will be performed , Lt. Williams said. The Cabell County prosecutor has been consulted. The case will be presented to a future Grand Jury to determine if charges are warranted against any of those involved.
Williams told WSAZ that a questions remains as to why the victim brought the shotgun to the residence.