- WV Doesn't State Status of Huntington Pension Benefit Payments; Formulas, Rules Complex
- Dollar Tree Acquires Family Dollar
- Huntington store to be sold to new competitor as part of multi-state agreement
- Applications being accepted for two controlled deer hunts in 2015: Pipestem Resort State Park and Cacapon Resort State Park
- DEVELOPING: Huntington Will Receive Brownfields Grant
- Man Convicted of Heroin Distribution Hid Drug Under Police Car Seat
- Building Formerly Considered for Southside Gun/Pawn Shop Burns
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
Marshall professors get state grants for research proposal preparation
The grants provide replacement salary for an uninterrupted period of time so the faculty member can write large research proposals during the summer. As a condition of obtaining the grant, each faculty member agrees to submit a proposal for funding to an external agency or foundation.
Schultz is exploring the diversity of the bacterial community in various ecosystems, including the Ohio and Guyandotte rivers, to learn how to better understand and manipulate ecosystems.
Research in Zhu's lab focuses on understanding the molecular basis of mammalian fertilization and early embryonic development.
Dr. Jan Taylor, the Division of Science and Research's director of research programs, said, "The Mini-Grant Program is an investment in research and, ultimately, in economic development for our state. By giving these faculty members the chance to more fully concentrate on writing large external research proposals, the State of West Virginia may ultimately attain benefits that are well beyond this small investment."
The Research Proposal Mini-Grants are funded by the West Virginia Research Challenge Fund, which lays the foundation for many of the state's competitive grant programs. For more information, visit www.wvresearch.org.