- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Wild Life Invading Fukushima from Radioactive Forest
- Creating a Better Connection Between Huntington and Downtown
- Attorney General Morrisey Applauds Undoing of Stream Buffer Rule, Reviews Need For Lawsuit
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Marshall University researchers receive U.S. patent to treat one of world’s major health issues
- Board Games Featured at St. Cloud Commons in West Huntington
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Spring International Film Festival at Keith Albee Performing Arts Center - March 2-5
Marshall professors get state grants for research proposal preparation
The grants provide replacement salary for an uninterrupted period of time so the faculty member can write large research proposals during the summer. As a condition of obtaining the grant, each faculty member agrees to submit a proposal for funding to an external agency or foundation.
Schultz is exploring the diversity of the bacterial community in various ecosystems, including the Ohio and Guyandotte rivers, to learn how to better understand and manipulate ecosystems.
Research in Zhu's lab focuses on understanding the molecular basis of mammalian fertilization and early embryonic development.
Dr. Jan Taylor, the Division of Science and Research's director of research programs, said, "The Mini-Grant Program is an investment in research and, ultimately, in economic development for our state. By giving these faculty members the chance to more fully concentrate on writing large external research proposals, the State of West Virginia may ultimately attain benefits that are well beyond this small investment."
The Research Proposal Mini-Grants are funded by the West Virginia Research Challenge Fund, which lays the foundation for many of the state's competitive grant programs. For more information, visit www.wvresearch.org.