- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Man Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Queen Elsa Appears Saturday
- WWE Fans Asked to Arrive Early Sunday due to Security Screenings
Update 5: Matagorda Bay command responds at Port Aransas and Mustang Island
Additional sightings also include tar balls in the area, although it is not clear whether the tar balls are the result of the March 22 spill near Texas City. However, response teams from Miller Environmental, who are engaged in combatting that incident, have mobilized to contain and collect those tar balls and oil in newly impacted areas as well. Tar balls, ranging from dime size to 6 inches were observed in patches of seaweed along J.P. Luby Beach off of Zahn Road.
There are no reports of wildlife being impacted from these new observations, although officials from Texas Parks and Wildlife and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service are actively engaged in patrolling potentially impacted areas. Persons who observe any impacted wildlife should not attempt to capture or handle them but are urged to call 888-384-2000.
Residents, tourists and others who may observe tar balls are urged to refrain from attempting their own clean-up activities and are asked to call 361-939-6349 to report the exact locations of any sightings.
No safety zones or restrictions on marine or pleasure craft traffic have been imposed, however mariners are urged to stay away from oil they may observe and to report those locations to response officials at 361-939-6349.
A claims number has been established for persons who may have questions in regard to personal impact by the incident. The number is 855-276-1575.
At the present time no volunteers are being solicited for assistance.
For more information, contact the Matagorda Bay Joint Information Center at 214-225-8007.
###For more information contact:
Matagorda Response JIC
Texas City "Y" Response Area Command
3674 W. Adams St.
Port O'Connor, TX 77982