- Alleged Drug Suppliers, Prostitutes Rounded Up in Huntington
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Chad Walters and Kimberly Drinko Walters make gift in honor of grandparents to the West Virginia Autism Training Center
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Marshall University biotechnology spinoff receives large grant from National Institutes of Health
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- OPINION: Addiction Counselor Favors Networking with Addicts to build Hope & Trust
- Beckley area physician pleads guilty to federal oxycodone crime
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
Journalism professor takes home national convention award for 10th time
Hollis received the award for his work as executive producer for "Birthday Vase," a behind-the-scenes look at Blenko Glass' creation of a special vase commemorating West Virginia's 150th birthday. He also presented a video about a Huntington Whiffle ball league.
"Obviously winning such recognition for the 10th time is an honor," Hollis said. "I hope it shows a record of sustained excellence, but I create these videos because I love telling stories."
Hollis said he uses the award-winning videos to demonstrate important concepts he wants to illustrate to his students.
"The real satisfaction is doing quality work that you can be proud of whether it's in or outside the classroom," Hollis said. "To win awards and receive recognition by others in your field is a bonus."
Hollis teaches in Marshall's W. Page Pitt School of Journalism and Mass Communications and is adviser to the student chapter of the National Broadcasting Society (NBS).
The videos, along with other Hollis creative television features, can be seen at youtube.com/user/danhollisvideo. For more information, contact Hollis at 304-696-2730.