- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- BOOK NOTES: Book Signing Saturday Features Authors of 'Pretty Little Killers'
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
Journalism professor takes home national convention award for 10th time
Hollis received the award for his work as executive producer for "Birthday Vase," a behind-the-scenes look at Blenko Glass' creation of a special vase commemorating West Virginia's 150th birthday. He also presented a video about a Huntington Whiffle ball league.
"Obviously winning such recognition for the 10th time is an honor," Hollis said. "I hope it shows a record of sustained excellence, but I create these videos because I love telling stories."
Hollis said he uses the award-winning videos to demonstrate important concepts he wants to illustrate to his students.
"The real satisfaction is doing quality work that you can be proud of whether it's in or outside the classroom," Hollis said. "To win awards and receive recognition by others in your field is a bonus."
Hollis teaches in Marshall's W. Page Pitt School of Journalism and Mass Communications and is adviser to the student chapter of the National Broadcasting Society (NBS).
The videos, along with other Hollis creative television features, can be seen at youtube.com/user/danhollisvideo. For more information, contact Hollis at 304-696-2730.