- "Hobbit" Dominates Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- No Perfect Season; Marshall Loses in OT
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
Journalism professor takes home national convention award for 10th time
Hollis received the award for his work as executive producer for "Birthday Vase," a behind-the-scenes look at Blenko Glass' creation of a special vase commemorating West Virginia's 150th birthday. He also presented a video about a Huntington Whiffle ball league.
"Obviously winning such recognition for the 10th time is an honor," Hollis said. "I hope it shows a record of sustained excellence, but I create these videos because I love telling stories."
Hollis said he uses the award-winning videos to demonstrate important concepts he wants to illustrate to his students.
"The real satisfaction is doing quality work that you can be proud of whether it's in or outside the classroom," Hollis said. "To win awards and receive recognition by others in your field is a bonus."
Hollis teaches in Marshall's W. Page Pitt School of Journalism and Mass Communications and is adviser to the student chapter of the National Broadcasting Society (NBS).
The videos, along with other Hollis creative television features, can be seen at youtube.com/user/danhollisvideo. For more information, contact Hollis at 304-696-2730.