- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall Health and School of Medicine welcome new faculty physicians
- Secretary of State Warner Responds to Media Reports
- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Two defendants headed to prison for methamphetamine trafficking crimes
- Huntington Sues Opioid Distributors
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Journalism professor takes home national convention award for 10th time
Hollis received the award for his work as executive producer for "Birthday Vase," a behind-the-scenes look at Blenko Glass' creation of a special vase commemorating West Virginia's 150th birthday. He also presented a video about a Huntington Whiffle ball league.
"Obviously winning such recognition for the 10th time is an honor," Hollis said. "I hope it shows a record of sustained excellence, but I create these videos because I love telling stories."
Hollis said he uses the award-winning videos to demonstrate important concepts he wants to illustrate to his students.
"The real satisfaction is doing quality work that you can be proud of whether it's in or outside the classroom," Hollis said. "To win awards and receive recognition by others in your field is a bonus."
Hollis teaches in Marshall's W. Page Pitt School of Journalism and Mass Communications and is adviser to the student chapter of the National Broadcasting Society (NBS).
The videos, along with other Hollis creative television features, can be seen at youtube.com/user/danhollisvideo. For more information, contact Hollis at 304-696-2730.