- BREAKING ... West Virginia State Police to Consider Caserta Complaint
- Thacker's Ethics Complaint Does not Concern Pay Out; She Wants to Get to Work Also
- Mayor Williams Has not Yet Received Notification of State Police Investigation
- West Virginia Trout Stocking Week of March 9-13, 2015
- Bunny Bombshell Appears as Valkyrie
- Mark Clarke Named Wildlife Manager of the Year
- This Weekend's Live Theatrical Options
- Will Ferrell to Play for Reds Tomorrow
- One of Two in Pews Impacted by Drug, Substance Abuse
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
Five women arrested in prostitution sting on 6th Avenue
In each sting, the women flagged down the undercover officer and offered a variety of sexual acts in exchange for money. During Monday’s operation, five women were arrested, four of whom were charged with third-offense felony prostitution. Those arrested include:
* Jennifer Johnson, 23, of Huntington, third-offense prostitution.
* Tracy Blake, aka Tracy Langdon, aka Tracy Ross, 38, of Huntington, third-offense prostitution.
* Belinda Fuller, 40, of Huntington, third-offense prostitution.
* Barbara Fulton, 58, of Ranger, W.Va., third-offense prostitution.
* Tabitha Hodges, 19, of Lexington, N.C., first-offense prostitution.
Monday’s arrests bring the total during the two prostitution stings to 10. Seven have been charged with third-offense felony prostitution, an indicator of the effort that the Huntington Police Department has made to curb the crime in the area of 6th Avenue, Huntington Police Capt. Rocky Johnson said.
“As long as we continue to receive the calls from citizens and see the need for enforcement activity, we are going to perform these stings,” Johnson said. “People who visit this area for criminal activity need to understand that the people who live and work along 6th Avenue are watching and are calling the tip line with the information needed to make these operations successful.”
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Huntington Police Department’s anonymous tip line at 304-696-4444.